ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions from HO after all docs are submitted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

APK
Newly Registered

Questions from HO after all docs are submitted

Post by APK » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:04 pm

Dear all maybe you can give me some advice. I applied for British naturalization via Post and I got a letter several days ago from HO. They request from me P60's forms. I lost it and I provided to HO instead of my P60's Employment history and National insurance contribution forms from HMRS (HM Revenue & Customs) what should be enough. At least I checked in this forum and some people did the same. Do you know I am in trouble or it should be fine? Unfortunately I dont have all of my pay slips as well and not all of my previous employers can provide me official letters that I used to work in those companies. Thank you very much for your advice.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:35 pm

I assume you are a EEA national.

Did you explain on the application form (page 13/15) why you can't send P60s? Have you worked continuously with the same employer for 5 years? or is your employment history sketchy? Are you able to obtain a letter from the employer confirming your employment?
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

APK
Newly Registered

Post by APK » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:55 pm

Dear Jambo

Thank you very much for your reply. I am EEA national. Unfortunately I didn’t explain in my application form why I cant provide my P60’s forms. I sent email to NationalityHelpdesk@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and nationalityenquires@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk with all clarifications. I changed my employers several times and unfortunately not all of them can provide me an official letters that I used to work there. I don’t have all of my pay slips as well. All my docs are clean, but because I changed my place in UK several times I lost a lot of necessary docs.

APK
Newly Registered

Post by APK » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:19 pm

I think these docs (Employment history and National insurance contribution forms) should be ok especially if NCS told me that Employment history from HMRS is fine and I dont need to send my P60's forms. Eventually I applied for British naturalization via Royal post because NCS didnt like a fact that I cant provide my EHIC card from EEA country when I was a student in UK. I submitted instead of EHIC card from my country notarized/translated copy of comprehensive health insurance certificate from my country. Maybe my case is a bit messy, but all docs for naturalization are ok.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:54 pm

I suspect the caseworker was asking for P60s to make it easier for him to be satisfied you have exercised treaty rights for 5 continuous years. If you have provided additional information it might satisfy him.

I suggest you also send a letter in the post. Not just emails.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

APK
Newly Registered

Post by APK » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:40 am

Thank you Jambo for your advise. I will send my explanation to HO by post as well.