ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Impact of Appeal against HMRC assessment on ILR Application?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKVisit
India

Impact of Appeal against HMRC assessment on ILR Application?

Post by UKVisit » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:51 am

Hi Senior Members,

I was contracting earlier in 2010-11 using Umbrella company and have been paid EBT loan. Later they told me to not serve the notice period (3 months) and compensated the amount equivalent to EBT loan as ex-gratia to not work for notice period.

They have given me P11d reflecting no loan due on me and have shown the interest on that loan as a benefit to me which I introduced as other earning in my personal tax submission.

HMRC have done assessment now and told me to pay huge tax. Now I have option to a) request a review by HMRC officer b) ask for independent tribunal to decide the matter.

My question here is about the impact of above options on my ILR appication which is due in July 2014.

1. Would it impact my ILR application if I request for review?
2. Do I need to mention the details of review request in my ILR application?
3. same questions for independent tribunal?

Thanks in advance for your support. This forum is like a wikipedia for most of us who struggle to get reliable answer.

Thanks
Manish