ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Options for Indian visa

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tier-1

Options for Indian visa

Post by tier-1 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:57 am

Hello All,

I am an Indian citizen and ILR holder and had a baby boy born on 16-Nov. I am going to apply for British passport for the child.

I am wondering what visa options are available for the child from India side? Will he get OCI card or can he get dual citizenship or still other options are available?

Just finding it a bit confusing. I have to get all this sorted quite soon. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:58 am

For Indian related matters better to check the Other countries section of the forums.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

am1234

Re: Options for Indian visa

Post by am1234 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:50 pm

[quote="tier-1"]Hello All,

I am an Indian citizen and ILR holder and had a baby boy born on 16-Nov. I am going to apply for British passport for the child.

I am wondering what visa options are available for the child from India side? Will he get OCI card or can he get dual citizenship or still other options are available?

Just finding it a bit confusing. I have to get all this sorted quite soon. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.
[Hello Mate, i am in the same boat. I am ILR holder and applying for babys british passport. If i understood correctly we cannot apply for OCI card unless one of the parents is eligible for OCI. I think the option left would be is to apply for tourist visa. It sounds funny as we are indian and hold indian passport, your child needs to take tourist visa! . hope it helps keep me updated as well, as i am applying for childs british passport too!]
Cheers

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:14 pm

am1234 wrote: I think the option left would be is to apply for tourist visa. It sounds funny as we are indian and hold indian passport, your child needs to take tourist visa! .
You child can also apply for PIO or Entry (X) visa. If you don't prefer indian visa for your child, the alternate option is to don;t apply for british passport but apply for india passport for the child - that way s/he won't be needing a visa.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:55 pm

But this way the child will need to apply for right of abode on Indian passport which is going to cost time and money. If they ever apply for British passport for the child, then they will have to do full drama and pay further fees to Indian to surrender the passport. So applying for kids Indian passport does not seem like a good idea.

Either a visa to travel to India, or PIO, or wait a bit and when parents get Britishc ciizenship then apply for OCI for whole family together.

Londonabc
Newly Registered

Post by Londonabc » Sun Dec 08, 2013 2:48 pm

tier-1 wrote:Hello All,

Many Thanks.
Hey Tier1

Which visa did you apply for your son. I am in similar situation. I have applied for british passport for my six month old son. Me and my husband are Indian passport holders. We need to apply visa to India for him. Was just wondering which visa should we apply for - Tourist or Entry? Is it possible to get entry visa for him as we have not registered his birth with Indian HC?

tier-1

Long term Visa for my child !!

Post by tier-1 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:14 pm

Can my child get a long-term visa for India if not an OCI ?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:43 pm

Yes. Apply.