ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying ILR and SET(M) together

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arun.mpk
Newly Registered

Applying ILR and SET(M) together

Post by arun.mpk » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi Guys,

I am on Tier 1 General and i am due ILR in May 2014. My wife does not qualify for ILR as we only got married couple of months ago. Both of our Tier 1 Visa expire at the same time in May and we would have to apply together.

My question is, how can we apply ILR and FLR(M) together? Looking at the FLR(M) form, they expect the sponsor to have ILR before applying but both of our visas go at the same time.

I would really appreciate your thoughts and advice as to how i should take this forward.

regards

Arun

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Does your wife currently have leave as your Tier 1 (General) dependant? Or is she independently under Tier 1 (General)?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

arun.mpk
Newly Registered

Post by arun.mpk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:55 am

Hi - My wife is on tier 1 General Dependent i.e. she is my dependent.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:18 am

When was your partner granted leave as a PBS dep? How long has she been in the UK?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

arun.mpk
Newly Registered

Post by arun.mpk » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:02 pm

She was granted leave on the 25th of October 2013 and its valid until my Tier 1 General expiry i.e. 10th June 2014. That would be when i am going to apply for ILR, hence why all this confusion :)

arun.mpk
Newly Registered

Re: Applying ILR and SET(M) together

Post by arun.mpk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:35 am

Guys,

Please could someone help me with this?

regards

Arun

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:46 am

She'll need to meet a 5 year period to qualify for ILR. She may be able to switch to FLR(M), however, with such there will be a Financial (click) and English (click) requirement. Also, the 5 year 'clock' may be reset if switching. She may extend as a PBS dep if you apply for ILR as a PBS applicant which will only require maintenance.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

arun.mpk
Newly Registered

Post by arun.mpk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:50 am

Amber - Thanks very much for your suggestion.

Do you think I can submit ILR and PBS dependent application together?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:53 pm

Yes, I see no reason why not. Although for cost, perhaps your ILR at a PEO and PBS dep extension by post?

arun.mpk
Newly Registered

Post by arun.mpk » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:51 pm

Thanks for your patience Amber :)

Sorry if this sounds too complicated - Can i apply ILR for me and FLR(M) for my wife at the same time e.x. in a single PEO appointment? English language for my wife and financials is not at all an issue for us.

Only concern I have is my Mrs FLR(M) application is completely reliant on I getting ILR (which is quiet straight forward I believe). How can they accept the application together(if they do!)?

Surely they should come up with another version of SET(O) application form covering this circumstance.

Please advice.

P.S. I believe FLR(M) is cost effective as compared to PBS dependent so it makes sense for me to take this route.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:35 pm

You asked about a PBS dep at the same time. For FLR(M) you should apply after if using a PEO.