ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR absences advice needed please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anantha09
Newly Registered

ILR absences advice needed please

Post by anantha09 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Hi

I am applying for my ILR on 5yr work permit basis.

I have total of 108 days out of UK. And I have listed these in the form.

All these are part of paid annual leave (No business related only personal vacation)

Do I need anything particular documentation in support of this please?

Any informative answers will be much helpful.

Thanks
Anantha

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:25 pm

calculating continuous period in the UK @ Page 20 wrote:Absences must be connected to the applicant’s sponsored or permitted employment, or the permitted economic activity being carried out in the UK, for example, business trips or short secondments. This also includes, any paid annual leave which must be assessed on a case by case basis and must be in line with the UK statutory annual leave entitlement

Evidence in the form of a letter from the employer setting out the reasons for the absences, including annual leave, must be provided. Tier 1 (General) applicants who are self employed or in business must provide a letter of explanation of their business-related absences, including any time spent on holiday outside the UK.
calculating continuous period in the UK @ Page 21 wrote:For the Tier 1 (Investor), Tier 1 (Entrepreneur), Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) and highly skilled migrant (applying under Appendix S of the rules) categories there is no requirement to give a reason for absences if they do not exceed 180 days in any of the five, four, three or two consecutive 12 month periods of the continuous period, depending on the category, counted backwards from the date of application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR)
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

anantha09
Newly Registered

Post by anantha09 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Thanks you very much for your reply

I have got my ILR, no questions were asked on this at all

I have posted my experience here

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 352#961352