ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

licia
Newly Registered

EEA4

Post by licia » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:58 pm

i dont know if there is anyone that has the same problem as mine.am married to eea national in 2008,we have three children but we are now leaving apart because he left because i dont have a male child. we have three girls now he is leaving with another lady he claim he had male child for him.please i know am due for pr but i dont know how to make my application because he refused to give me divorce and i dont want to put pressure on that because of the children.i have RC which will end in oct 2014.we register the children in their consulate when they are born under him,so i dont bother putting his name on the english birth certificate,am so confused now cos i dont know to made my application .i have looked @ the eea4 application form i realized i need his p60's etc.please can someone advice me on this issue.i work fulltime sine i get y RC in 2009.

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: EEA4

Post by askmeplz82 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:09 pm

licia wrote:i dont know if there is anyone that has the same problem as mine.am married to eea national in 2008,we have three children but we are now leaving apart because he left because i dont have a male child. we have three girls now he is leaving with another lady he claim he had male child for him.please i know am due for pr but i dont know how to make my application because he refused to give me divorce and i dont want to put pressure on that because of the children.
This is sick. What's problem with having 3 daughters. In early 1900s people didn't like couple who have 2 or more daughters but now it's 2013

anyway i would advise not to go on divorce because this is not just you but for the sake of children . May be you should talk to him. It's not easy to look after 3 children alone by a single mom . I know it as my friend is in the same situation

anyway you will need his 5 years exercise treaty right for PR
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:07 pm

licia, how co-operative is your husband? Will he co-operate with your EEA4 application?

Also, have you consulted a Family Law Solicitor? Is your husband paying maintenance to you?

As regards "because he refused to give me divorce", I suspect he has no choice! That is, it seems pretty clear, based upon what you have posted, your husband has committed adultery and a Family Law Solicitor will confirm that can use that ground in a divorce petition. He has not got to consent to you using that ground. Once that petition is issued, he will need to indicate whether he wants to defend the petition, or not. The great majority of divorce petitions, I understand over 99%, are undefended.

You might want to use the possible divorce petition as a lever against him, to ensure that he co-operates with your EEA4 application!
John

Faranik
Newly Registered

Apply for EEA4 when seperated from EEA husband

Post by Faranik » Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:10 am

Hello,
I am non EEA national who married to Cypriot national in Cyprus in 2009 and then I joined my husband and moved to the Uk, I am separated since 2014 and I have a child was born at 2010, Now I should apply for my PR , Any one can help me that will cause me a trouble or refuse my application ? still we are married and he is happy to help me with support the documents like 5 years tax return and his passport to sending them to Home office.....
I am working (self employed) but receiving benefits...
Many thanks