ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

T2 ICT to T2 General, CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pokemon2684
Newly Registered

T2 ICT to T2 General, CoS

Post by pokemon2684 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:55 pm

I am currently on T2 ICT in UK. I got a job offer who are ready to sponsor for my CoS.

I do not have any knowledge about this process. I know that I am eligible for switch as my Visa is issued before April 2010.

Can you please help by answering following questions?

a. Does the switch (T2 ICT to T2 G) and CoS issuance happen together or these two are independent processes? Does the employer need to initiate this?

b. How much time it takes to switch from T2 ICT to T2 G? Is there any priority service?

c. If ans of 'a' is independent - How much time it takes to get the new CoS? Is there any priority service?

d. While the switch or CoS issuance process is on, can I travel to India and return back to UK on old T2 ICT visa?

Thanks in advance

manci
Respected Guru

Re: T2 ICT to T2 General, CoS

Post by manci » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:14 am

pokemon2684 wrote:I am currently on T2 ICT in UK. I got a job offer who are ready to sponsor for my CoS.

I do not have any knowledge about this process. I know that I am eligible for switch as my Visa is issued before April 2010.

Can you please help by answering following questions?

a. Does the switch (T2 ICT to T2 G) and CoS issuance happen together or these two are independent processes? Does the employer need to initiate this?
the 2 processes are sequential: CoS first, application for leave afterwards. Make sure that the new employer has a sponsor licence (you can check this on the UKBA website) and has an unrestricted CoS allocation available for you. Before they can asssign the CoS they have to carry out a resident labour market test which takes 28 days (unless the job is a shortage occupation or you are a high earner)

b. How much time it takes to switch from T2 ICT to T2 G? Is there any priority service?
If the sponsor has an unrestricted CoS allocation available and the RLMT has been successfully completed they can assign the CoS to you in a matter of minutes. Once this is done you can apply for leave but don't resign your curent job until your application has been approved by the HO.

c. If ans of 'a' is independent - How much time it takes to get the new CoS? Is there any priority service?
no, there isn't , however, there is a priority or premium service for the application for leave

d. While the switch or CoS issuance process is on, can I travel to India and return back to UK on old T2 ICT visa?
yes you can, but keep in mind that for your application for leaxe you will have to submit your passport

Thanks in advance

pokemon2684
Newly Registered

Post by pokemon2684 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:58 pm

Thanks a lot Manci for guiding. Really appreciate the detail clarification.

Yes they have the license, I checked. What about restricted CoS, how much time it takes to get? How do I know if the job demands a retricted CoS or not?

And I hope after 5 years from switch, I will be eligible for ILR?
Thanks

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:08 pm

you would only need a restricted CoS if you applied from abroad.

For switching in-country you need an unrestricted CoS