ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Would appreciate your help Please!!

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Darkangel
Newly Registered

Would appreciate your help Please!!

Post by Darkangel » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:09 am

I'm really sorry if I anyone has asked this question before, My sister is married to a point based migrant on tier 4, which I gathered is a student visa.

She came to the UK to be with her husband on 2009 and they had a baby son on 2010, now her husband has been refused visa on the course he was doing.which he started last year..usually he has been granted visas for all of the courses he was doing and for some reason this time around he was denied visa, their reason being that he had insufficient funds and also the fact that he should be doing a phd course rather than a what he is doing now...Now he made this application sept 2012 and the refusal came just 2days ago.. according to him when he made the application he had the right funds that was required but it seems that they made their decision based on the new rules.

My sister is distraught as she is a medical doctor back home in Nigeria and was hoping to have her passport to be able to take her exams so she can start practising as a doctor here in the UK. she is my younger sister and her worry is my worry :(

What are their options? and does the fact that she had a child born here make any difference? Would really appreciate all your help. Thanks

njoy1987
Member of Standing

Post by njoy1987 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:02 am

He must decide what he wants to study sort out whatever paperwork he can and apply from Nigeria. Since his leave is expired he cant make another application. And a new application must be from home country. The baby cannot change their immigration status. They must take the right steps

Darkangel
Newly Registered

Post by Darkangel » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:51 am

Surely he can appeal over this? If not why was he given the right to appeal? I don't understand? , if a decision is made on the basis where an appeal is not possible why give them a chance of appeal? This is his 9th year and 6months in the country as a student and this is the first time he has been denied visa.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:16 pm

There are rules/caps now to curb the course after course till 10 years route.

Doesn't sound like a genuine student scenario if the dependent was intending to become a doctor in the UK....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Darkangel
Newly Registered

Post by Darkangel » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:58 pm

I think you got my post wrong,,,the applicant isn't working towards being a doctor,,,his wife is the doctor and she is his dependant..Her upset was from the fact that her held passport means that she cant take exams regarding to her profession..Nothing to do with working towards being a doctor.