ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pregnant UK citizen- fiance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

StarR1234567
Newly Registered

Pregnant UK citizen- fiance visa

Post by StarR1234567 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:01 pm

I'm a UK citizen living abroad with my Filipino fiancé and I'm 5 months pregnant. I plan to fly home to have the baby in the UK and stay after it is born (where we are living is a developing country with poor healthcare and I don't want to give birth or take care of my new born child here). What are the chances of my fiancé getting a visa to come with me? I'm pretty sure I could find a job that pays over the £18,600 threshold eventually but as a single mother (for as long as my fiancé is not able to come to the UK) with a new born baby it is not going to be easy. Is our only option for me to find a job that pays that much or is there another route we can take? Is there anyway that having a child in the UK would help him get a visa? Any advice would be appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Pregnant UK citizen- fiance visa

Post by Wanderer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:05 pm

StarR1234567 wrote:I'm a UK citizen living abroad with my Filipino fiancé and I'm 5 months pregnant. I plan to fly home to have the baby in the UK and stay after it is born (where we are living is a developing country with poor healthcare and I don't want to give birth or take care of my new born child here). What are the chances of my fiancé getting a visa to come with me? I'm pretty sure I could find a job that pays over the £18,600 threshold eventually but as a single mother (for as long as my fiancé is not able to come to the UK) with a new born baby it is not going to be easy. Is our only option for me to find a job that pays that much or is there another route we can take? Is there anyway that having a child in the UK would help him get a visa? Any advice would be appreciated.
Any savings?

If not zero chance really. bit of a catch 23.

UK child won't help.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

StarR1234567
Newly Registered

Post by StarR1234567 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:09 pm

Not enough savings for what is required. The new immigration rules are ridiculous. They must be separating so many families.

drinver
Newly Registered
China

Post by drinver » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:27 pm

I don't think returning Brits who are resident overseas automatically have immediate free access to the NHS when they return to the UK. So you might be asked to pay for the medical costs of delivering your baby.

I think this is being reviewed but don't think it has been changed as yet. And of course depends on the hospital implementing it I suppose.

Sorry its not good news but worth knowing about it I think

StarR1234567
Newly Registered

Post by StarR1234567 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:50 pm

I read that only applies if you have been away 5 years. Is that true? Ive only been away 1 year and a half.

drinver
Newly Registered
China

Post by drinver » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:21 am

I had a quick look and certainly Citizens advice refers to being away from the UK for 5 years. Think they are pretty reliable, so looks like you will be fine, sorry to have caused concern and wish you well with your baby!

StarR1234567
Newly Registered

Post by StarR1234567 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:56 am

Thought so! Thank you for your reply :)