ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PIO - return by post

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kp10aar
Newly Registered

PIO - return by post

Post by kp10aar » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:50 am

Hi,

I submitted a PIO application in person at London on 6th November. The lady mentioned that I could collect on 10th December but I chose to receive the card by post by recorded delivery.

However, royal mail have not received it yet, therefore it must still be at the high commission. Does anyone have experience on receiving by post? If so, how long did it take?

z18runway

Re: PIO - return by post

Post by z18runway » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:18 pm

kp10aar wrote:Hi,

I submitted a PIO application in person at London on 6th November. The lady mentioned that I could collect on 10th December but I chose to receive the card by post by recorded delivery.

However, royal mail have not received it yet, therefore it must still be at the high commission. Does anyone have experience on receiving by post? If so, how long did it take?
go in direct and enquire about your pio, if they have it, then you can collect it in person.

kp10aar
Newly Registered

Post by kp10aar » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi,

yes that is what I will have to do eventually, but my point was asking about previous experience, so I know how long to wait before making a visit. The reason I paid for the delivery is to avoid going there in person again. I don't want to go there, to later find out that it's in the post.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:37 pm

If you are not in urgent you can wait for post. Its all upto you.

kp10aar
Newly Registered

Post by kp10aar » Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:09 pm

My pio card arrived today (14/12/13), I'm guessing they send a bunch of post at the end of the week. Hope this helps someone else.