ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:16 pm

verbina wrote:
Keisha wrote:Morning All,

@God's Authority..*waves* Hope all is well with you and may God bless you!Ask Dapsonlee as I reckon not so long ago he wrote his life-story to send to the amoebas.Its a good idea to get it together now.
Morning ladies!!

@God's Authority, basically if you just write and honest story from the bottom of your heart with your full immigration history, also explain the circumstances around your daughter's health condition, difficulties you face in a day to day life and the treatment suggested by UK medics.
Explain that your daughter wont be able to receive the same type of care back home. Then tell them about your current pregnancy....
Something like that....
Morning all,

Totally agreed. I quote some of Seneca's advice too which in my opinion is priceless ' When applying on the Private life and Family life route mention the Strong Connection you and your family have with this country culturally socially and also mention the lack of or diminishing meaningful ties with your country of origin'. The psychological impact of uprooting your children from a well established life in the UK and the list is endless.......

Queeisha, good morning - yes a detailed statement of grounds is needed but usually compiled by solicitor or legal rep. it doesn't harm including a personal statement hopefully the administrative courts (when applying for permission for JR) will give it the care and attention it warrants. But definitely needed for the trial bundle for the JR itself.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:00 pm

@Verbs....no wonder you caught their attention...lol.The day I write mine plaese GPS points..*wink*I want to nail them those amoebas.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:04 pm

@Believe...thanks and hope all goes well for us.I tried to flippen copy paste so to save the points you mentioned,it refused just like the amoebas...lol!Since you're case and mine are probably similar please inbox some tips if you don't mind.Thanks in advance!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Hello everyone in the forum!!!! Good afternoon. Here is something regarding 7 years child application:

From 9 July 2012, the Home Office UKBA introduced this new category to apply for stay on the grounds of family life as a parent of child who lived in the UK continuously for seven years. By introducing the new provisions within the Immigration Rules, the UKBA has actually re-instated the old seven years child concession policy. The only difference is that previously it was a concessionary policy and not it is part of the Immigration Rules. Also, under the seven years child concession policy, the UKBA used to grant indefinite leave to remain (ILR), whereas according to the Immigration Rules, the UKBA will now grant initial leave to remain for a period of 30 months and upon completion of ten years residence in the UK under this category a person can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) unless he is eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) earlier on the basis of ten years long continuous and lawful residence.

You can qualify for initial leave to remain for 30 months as a parent of a child who has lived in the UK continuously for seven years if you do not have any unspent criminal convictions and you have not caused deception in any applications submitted to the UKBA.

The Immigration Rules require seven years continuous residence of the child and not that of the parent. At the time of the application, the parent must have been enjoying family life, as envisaged under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights (ECHR), with the child who has lived in the UK continuously for seven years.

It is pertinent to note that for the application to succeed as a parent of child who has lived in the UK for 7 years continuously, the Immigration Rules require that:

E-LTRPT.2.3. Either-
(a) the applicant must have sole parental responsibility for the child or the child normally lives with the applicant and not their other parent (who is a British Citizen or settled in the UK); or
(b) the parent or carer with whom the child normally lives must be-
(i) a British Citizen in the UK or settled in the UK;
(ii) not the partner of the applicant (which here includes a person who has been in a relationship with the applicant for less than two years prior to the date of application); and
(iii) the applicant must not be eligible to apply for leave to remain as a partner under this Appendix.

E-LTRPT.2.4. (a) The applicant must provide evidence that they have either-

(i) sole parental responsibility for the child; or
(ii) access rights to the child"

From the above provisions, it is clear that those who are single parents with sole responsibility for the child can succeed in such applications. Alternatively, an applicant who is not a partner of the other parent of the child and where the other parent of the child is a settled person with Indefinite leave to Remain (ILR) or is a British Citizen can succeed in such applications.

If both parents are living with the child and they are partners to each other, the UKBA is more likely to refuse the application under Appnedix FM if neither parent is settled in the UK.

The UKBA do not consider Article 8 of the ECHR in the same manner as the courts and therefore in such cases even if the UKBA have refsued an application, there may be relatively better chances of success at appeal stage. in case of Azimi-Moayed and others (decisions affecting children; onward appeals) [2013] UKUT 00197 (IAC), the Upper Tribunal found that:

"(1) The case law of the Upper Tribunal has identified the following principles to assist in the determination of appeals where children are affected by the appealed decisions:

i) As a starting point it is in the best interests of children to be with both their parents and if both parents are being removed from the United Kingdom then the starting point suggests that so should dependent children who form part of their household unless there are reasons to the contrary.

ii) It is generally in the interests of children to have both stability and continuity of social and educational provision and the benefit of growing up in the cultural norms of the society to which they belong.

iii) Lengthy residence in a country other than the state of origin can lead to development of social cultural and educational ties that it would be inappropriate to disrupt, in the absence of compelling reason to the contrary. What amounts to lengthy residence is not clear cut but past and present policies have identified seven years as a relevant period.

iv) Apart from the terms of published policies and rules, the Tribunal notes that seven years from age four is likely to be more significant to a child that the first seven years of life. Very young children are focussed on their parents rather than their peers and are adaptable.

v) Short periods of residence, particularly ones without leave or the reasonable expectation of leave to enter or remain, while claims are promptly considered, are unlikely to give rise to private life deserving of respect in the absence of exceptional factors. In any event, protection of the economic well-being of society amply justifies removal in such cases."

An application is made to the Home Office, UKBA using an application form FLR (O). The parent as well as the child who has lived in the UK continuously for seven years will be granted leave to remain (permission to stay) for 30 months. 28 days before the expiry of 30 months leave, a person can make an application for extension of stay under the same category. Any time spent with leave to remain as a parent of a child with seven years continuous residence will be counted towards ten years lawful continuous residence for the purposes of making an application for indefinite leave to remain (ILR) on the basis of ten years long residence. It will also be possible to switch from this category to certain other categories from inside the UK e.g. Spouse visa, Unmarried Partner Visa, Civil Partner Visa, Same Sex Partner visa, etc.

Guys what you make of it this? please comment

God's Authority

Thank you

Post by God's Authority » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello Forum Members

Thanks for coming to my rescue. Much appreciated.

I should be able to start off with that too. Further contributions are welcome please so if you consider anything else please let me know.

Much appreciated and have a nice weekend.

Regards

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:16 pm

Does anyone knows the actual days of Royal mail signed for recorded delivery letter from UKBA?
Ale001

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:35 pm

ale001 wrote:Does anyone knows the actual days of Royal mail signed for recorded delivery letter from UKBA?
Sorry hun, but mine came in 2 days :( (signed for as well)
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:51 pm

ale001 wrote:Does anyone knows the actual days of Royal mail signed for recorded delivery letter from UKBA?
@ale001 I still dont understand why you are not calling them................

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:43 pm

rina wrote:
I called them they said the same thing that they've dispatched it since 28th November 2013
Ale001

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:29 pm

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
I called them they said the same thing that they've dispatched it since 28th November 2013
Please forgive me if I sound patronizing. I know you said you emailed the caseworker but was wondering if you called HO after no response from the caseworker and whether you have asked them to give you the answer over the phone. I don't know if it is possible but surely they would be able to tell you whether it is yes or no.

It is really weird..

ale001

Post by ale001 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:09 pm

rina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
Please forgive me if I sound patronizing. I know you said you emailed the caseworker but was wondering if you called HO after no response from the caseworker and whether you have asked them to give you the answer over the phone. I don't know if it is possible but surely they would be able to tell you whether it is yes or no.

It is really weird..
Yes i did asked, the lady i spoke with said asking her to tel me the decision does not make sense since the same decision has been dispatched since on 28th and said i should wait and contact my solicitor, but am afraid now again solicitor said he never receive any decision yet.

Some said the royal mail signed for can take 10 working days, some said its 3 days, some said its 7 days, don't just understand whats going on mate..
Ale001

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:15 pm

ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:

It is really weird..
Yes i did asked, the lady i spoke with said asking her to tel me the decision does not make sense since the same decision has been dispatched since on 28th and said i should wait and contact my solicitor, but am afraid now again solicitor said he never receive any decision yet.

Some said the royal mail signed for can take 10 working days, some said its 3 days, some said its 7 days, don't just understand whats going on mate..

Right no need to waste anymore time calling around. Call the Royal Mail themselves and give them the tracking number. Explain that you cannot track it online and I am sure they can tell you where you mail is or who signed for it . They open tomorrow from 8-5 hope that helps

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:23 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
ale001 wrote:
rina wrote:
ale001 wrote:

It is really weird..

Right no need to waste anymore time calling around. Call the Royal Mail themselves and give them the tracking number. Explain that you cannot track it online and I am sure they can tell you where you mail is or who signed for it . They open tomorrow from 8-5 hope that helps
Yes do what @daponslee said. I can imagine the frustration but hopefully royal mail can sort it out for you dear.
I was just thinking I remember them asking for your address that time. I hope they haven't sent to some wrong place but either way royal mail can sort it out.
Looking forward to hearing what they say and will continue to pray for you.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:34 pm

Right ladies and gentlemen just opened a letter and my FLR(O) has been refused with no right of appeal. I cannot believe that my solicitor did not have the nerve to call me. They said in the letter to contact them immediately to discuss the matter further.
My Mp contacted them on the 5th so I guess they have responded pretty quick.

I am still in utter shock!!!!!!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:43 pm

rina wrote:Right ladies and gentlemen just opened a letter and my FLR(O) has been refused with no right of appeal. I cannot believe that my solicitor did not have the nerve to call me. They said in the letter to contact them immediately to discuss the matter further.

Forgot to mention that I need to contact my local enforcement officer by the 24th to discuss my departure. It says I should refrain from making any travel arrangements until I have discussed my case with them who will arrange to obtain my documents. As should I fail to leave enforcement action will be taken against me. "Further consideration can be given to your case at the stage which could result in you being served with an enforcement decision which may generate a right of appeal."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:47 pm

rina wrote:Right ladies and gentlemen just opened a letter and my FLR(O) has been refused with no right of appeal. I cannot believe that my solicitor did not have the nerve to call me. They said in the letter to contact them immediately to discuss the matter further.

Damn Rina! My soul cries. Seem this private life is not yielding any good result so far. I am so sorry Rina like honestly. I believe it's not over cos we may stumble but we will never fall. What reason(s) did they give for your refusal?

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:04 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Damn Rina! My soul cries. Seem this private life is not yielding any good result so far. I am so sorry Rina like honestly. I believe it's not over cos we may stumble but we will never fall. What reason(s) did they give for your refusal?

Same old excuses about me not fitting the requirements of rule 276ADE(iv) and 276ADE(v) under private life yet to be fair I applied before the rules changed but to them it doesn't matter. Basically not under 18 and has lived here continuously at least 7yrs. Lived here continously for 20yrs.
I still have family ties back home apparently and apparently have not lost my ties with them.
Despite the length of time I have been here, that has been disregarded completely.

What are my options with no money????

lily123
Newly Registered

Post by lily123 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi rina sorry about Ur refusal. Please do share the reasons If you can , don't be too upset all is well x

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:20 pm

lily123 wrote:

Hi rina sorry about Ur refusal. Please do share the reasons If you can , don't be too upset all is well x
Thanks lily just posted them.

kiss300
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ghana

Post by kiss300 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:50 pm

so i want to ask a question if you lot can help. i was refused and given an appeal and while waiting for my appeal did another application which i qualify for a visa and cos of my appeal my visa was not processed and my application fee was given back to me but they said they are keeping my details and also i could appeal it but appeal was refused. so now i have done another application but so far i have not received nothing. no acknowledgment letter, no bio-metric but the fee has been taken. i dont know if my old application is affecting my new one. Any tots

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:07 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Never one to be superstitious but it friday 13th!!!!!!!!

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:22 pm

rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Same old excuses about me not fitting the requirements of rule 276ADE(iv) and 276ADE(v) under private life yet to be fair I applied before the rules changed but to them it doesn't matter. Basically not under 18 and has lived here continuously at least 7yrs. Lived here continously for 20yrs.
I still have family ties back home apparently and apparently have not lost my ties with them.
Despite the length of time I have been here, that has been disregarded completely.

Rina am terribly sorry for the refusal. You could try pro bono laywers but you have to get referred by CAB or some charitable organisation. All the best
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:24 pm

rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Lol! Nah Rina, I don't believe in that bad luck date. Faith is always in the back seat when hope seem to be driving the car. I want to believe that the application was not carefully considered like you said with the 276ADE (iv) and (v) not applied, I want to be believe something is not right here. But you going to see your solicitor right?

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:01 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Lol! Nah Rina, I don't believe in that bad luck date. Faith is always in the back seat when hope seem to be driving the car. I want to believe that the application was not carefully considered like you said with the 276ADE (iv) and (v) not applied, I want to be believe something is not right here. But you going to see your solicitor right?

Me too right but what a coincidence.. My faith has been tested a lot today and am beginning to wonder maybe he does not want me to stay here and he has other plans for me.
I will see them on Monday but I need to know what you guys think. Firstly I do not have that kind of money to be wasted again if there is no chance if you know what I mean. Secondly what options you can suggest.
They definitely have not carefully considered my application.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:02 pm

Believe2013 wrote:
rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Rina am terribly sorry for the refusal. You could try pro bono laywers but you have to get referred by CAB or some charitable organisation. All the best
Thanks @believe