ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a FEW QUESTIONS PLEASE

This is an area for the discussion of matters related to issues about moving from one country to another. Examples could be about money transfer, moving and packing, validity of driving licence, etc..

It is not a general non-immigration, free-for-all area.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

guillaume63
Newly Registered

a FEW QUESTIONS PLEASE

Post by guillaume63 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:28 pm

i am probably about to settle down in uk for a job I applied for.
i have an insurance number ok, or i think so- since it's only a letter- I should receive in about a few weeks.

Do I need an attestation , or contract to get an apartment ?
have u got information about bank accounts in uk, to open an account?

For now i'm still in France.

Will I have to get other specific documents ?

Thanks a lot in advance

guillaume

guillaume63
Newly Registered

Post by guillaume63 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:49 pm

i'm sorry that my questions might sound very basic...but it could help many persons I am certain of that and that it can open to other things as well.

Thanks

obormot
Member of Standing
France

Post by obormot » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:18 pm

You could be caught in a vicious cycle, something like this: in order to rent an apartment you need a UK bank account, and in order to open UK bank account you need a proof of UK address.
If you have EU passport, then some (not all!) banks would open you an account without the proof of address. If you are not a EU citizen, it could be more of a pain.
A letter from job could help with rental.
NI number in a letter is fine (and they do not ask for it when you rent a place).