ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent of British child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ahussa

Parent of British child

Post by ahussa » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi

Quick question.

If someone is illegal in the uk and is in relationship with British citizen and has british child no marriage and partner making recourse to public funds

He wishes to apply for leave to remain and as he does not meet rules but paragraph ex.1 applies so does he need to submit form flr(p) because i know previously it was flr(o).

Give comments please thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:33 pm

Why would that person not meet Exception 1 if they have a parental relationship with a British child? FLR(FP) is correct.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ahussa

Post by ahussa » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:25 pm

He does meet exception 1 which means he does not need to meet requirements of English language or financial requirement because he meets para ex.1 correct?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Correct. See also, the Guidance (click).
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Ahussa because you or your partner is illegal the application made is outside of the rules so the English test and financial requirements do not apply my partner is in the same situation and has already been refused once.

sony44

10 year route

Post by sony44 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Does that mean he needs to apply under the 10 year route?since his illegal?

ahussa

Re: Parent of British child

Post by ahussa » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:12 pm

That is correct I think

If you apply on 5 year route you need English test ex.1 will not apply but if you apply on 10 year route then it the ex.1 will apply

alan247
Newly Registered

Parent of British child

Post by alan247 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:45 pm

please I need help, am illegal and I have already applied for ee2 when I was pregnant it was refused and ive had my baby what are my chances of getting a stay a parent of a British child, the father is a british, while the home office are still with my passport, ive applied for my babys british passport and I have it with me am self employed and I rented a studio flat with my baby am responsible for the unkeep of my baby, pls board members what are my chances? am applying next month