ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund for varying application from Tier 1 to 10 year LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rommy

Refund for varying application from Tier 1 to 10 year LR

Post by rommy » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi,

Can anyone please advise me how can one get refund for initial Tier 1 application which was varied to 10 year long residence. My friend successfully varied his application and received his ILR. But we are not sure how we can get the refund processed.

We spoke to UKBA over the phone. But they are not very heplful. I know some people on this forum have successfully received refund for their initial application. Is there any mailing address where we can write to or maybe an email address?

rommy

Post by rommy » Sat Dec 14, 2013 4:01 pm

anyone?

huqqapani
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by huqqapani » Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:22 pm

i varied my application from Flr O to Tier 2 and as soon as TIER 2 approved, they refunded the fee themselves. the only thing is that i didn't get the invite for Bio metrics for my FLR O application. so if you received and enrolled for bio metrics, i m not sure that the fee will be refunded, but that's my opinion only..
wait for gurus to answer

longresidence

Post by longresidence » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:54 pm

huqqapani wrote:i varied my application from Flr O to Tier 2 and as soon as TIER 2 approved, they refunded the fee themselves. the only thing is that i didn't get the invite for Bio metrics for my FLR O application. so if you received and enrolled for bio metrics, i m not sure that the fee will be refunded, but that's my opinion only..
wait for gurus to answer
Hi there,
I am also not sure how to get refund for my initial application fee

1) First, I applied Tier 1 extension with dependent as well. I paid full fee.
2) My application was pending for more than 8 months.
3) I then have varied my tier 1 to ILR under 10 yrs rule and FLR(M) for my wife application.
4) At this time also I have paid full fee for ILR and FLRM.

I come to know that, applicants get full refund for their initial application fee. Is it true?

if so how do we get refund, could anyone please let us know the process that we can go thru for the refund, either email id or correct phone number or address so that we can chase this matter up.

Gurus, moderators and experts please try to help this matter

Thanks

longresidence

Re: Refund for varying application from Tier 1 to 10 year LR

Post by longresidence » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:57 pm

rommy wrote:Hi,

Can anyone please advise me how can one get refund for initial Tier 1 application which was varied to 10 year long residence. My friend successfully varied his application and received his ILR. But we are not sure how we can get the refund processed.

We spoke to UKBA over the phone. But they are not very heplful. I know some people on this forum have successfully received refund for their initial application. Is there any mailing address where we can write to or maybe an email address?
Hi there,
I am also not sure how to get refund for my initial application fee

1) First, I applied Tier 1 extension with dependent as well. I paid full fee.
2) My application was pending for more than 8 months.
3) I then have varied my tier 1 to ILR under 10 yrs rule and FLR(M) for my wife application.
4) At this time also I have paid full fee for ILR and FLRM.
5) Afterwards, our applications were refused later appealed and withdrawn by themselves. Finally we got our ILR and FLRM
6) But we didn't get our refund fee for the initial application Tier 1. Its more than 8 months also since we got our visas.

I come to know that, applicants get full refund for their initial application fee. Is it true?

if so how do we get refund, could anyone please let us know the process that we can go thru for the refund, either email id or correct phone number or address so that we can chase this matter up.

Gurus, moderators and experts please try to help this matter

Thanks