ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hellojohn
Newly Registered

naturalisation

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:52 am

i have one convictions,cautions,reprimands and warnings 8years ago, i apply my student extensions and last year before december 2012 i apply ilr and i got it, but before december 2012 rule was no change u declare it spent and unspent convictions,
i apply sia licence , sia licence check your criminal record as well, i received the standard certificate from disclouse & barring service,this certificate shows
police records of convictions,cautions,reprimands and warnings is NONE,
But when this happen 8years ago after this i go to police station i apply the police check and it shows on that time,
when this happen i go to police station take my photo and finger print and come back nothing any more, no fine no court involved,
please guide me when i apply i shows in my naturalisation or not,
thanks

VR

You should be fine

Post by VR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:14 am

Hellojohn,

Just disclose it in the application on Page 15 as additional information.
cheers
vr

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Re: You should be fine

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:59 am

VR wrote:Hellojohn,

Just disclose it in the application on Page 15 as additional information.
cheers
vr
thanks for reply,
but conviction was on shoplifting ,

VR

Does not make a bean of a difference

Post by VR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:13 am

hellojohn,

In England a Conviction is a Conviction from the time of the conviction to the deathbead. They do not distinguish between a ''Good Convict'' and a ''Bad Convict''. You carry the stupid record for life.

Creating underclasses and reading the rule book is ''British passtime'' even as many enter the borders without any checks after committing genocide and henious crimes. One was recently serving as an advisor in the NHS.

Coming to the point. The change to the law as far as Naturalisation is that you need to disclose both spent and unspent convictions. Your sentence was spent under the Draconian Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (which in reality should have carried the name Destruction of Offenders Act 1974). You should be fine, so long as you disclose on your form. But if you do not disclose, they could well ban you for applying for 10 years and accuse you of deception.

Good luck
cheers
vr

Ps: As a person committed to Human rights and equality, some of the views above are strictly personal.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:29 am

It is also worth noting that a caution for theft in your case which was given 8 years ago when you were aged 18+ will be filtered from Standard and Enhanced DBS certificates after 6 years. Such 'protected' cautions and convictions should be deleted from the PNC after the time has lapsed in my opinion (as what happened prior to 2006). However, this was not addressed by the Supreme Court this week, which I was shocked at.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Re: Does not make a bean of a difference

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:50 am

VR wrote:hellojohn,

In England a Conviction is a Conviction from the time of the conviction to the deathbead. They do not distinguish between a ''Good Convict'' and a ''Bad Convict''. You carry the stupid record for life.

Creating underclasses and reading the rule book is ''British passtime'' even as many enter the borders without any checks after committing genocide and henious crimes. One was recently serving as an advisor in the NHS.

Coming to the point. The change to the law as far as Naturalisation is that you need to disclose both spent and unspent convictions. Your sentence was spent under the Draconian Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (which in reality should have carried the name Destruction of Offenders Act 1974). You should be fine, so long as you disclose on your form. But if you do not disclose, they could well ban you for applying for 10 years and accuse you of deception.

Good luck
cheers
vr

Ps: As a person committed to Human rights and equality, some of the views above are strictly personal.
thanks for reply
i just mention in application form page 10 in additional information , it is enough i write down i have one conviction, caution,reprimand and warning, must be write down shoplifting as wellor not, plz clear me, just write down month and year is enough,
can you send me link of latest form,
no need to mention in where asked the question you have any conviction, caution, reprimand
thanks

hellojohn
Newly Registered

nationality

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:53 am

Amber_ wrote:It is also worth noting that a caution for theft in your case which was given 8 years ago when you were aged 18+ will be filtered from Standard and Enhanced DBS certificates after 6 years. Such 'protected' cautions and convictions should be deleted from the PNC after the time has lapsed in my opinion (as what happened prior to 2006). However, this was not addressed by the Supreme Court this week, which I was shocked at.
thanks amber
because i received last week standard certificate from disclouse barring services nothing shows , jsut shows conviction, caution,reprimand and warning is NONE,
IF IT IS DELETED then i need to show it,
plz clear what is your opinion,
thanks

VR

Here is the link

Post by VR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:54 am

HelloJohn,

here is the link for the latest form AN

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf

Tick Yes on 3.6

In 3.7 give the details

Write any mitigating circumstances on Page 15.
cheers
vr

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:10 am

Yes, it's not deleted from the PNC (which the Home Office will see) it's merely filtered from DBS certificates. Therefore, you should disclose it on form AN, for employment related applications, you can tick you have never been issued a caution or conviction.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:30 am

Amber_ wrote:Yes, it's not deleted from the PNC (which the Home Office will see) it's merely filtered from DBS certificates. Therefore, you should disclose it on form AN, for employment related applications, you can tick you have never been issued a caution or conviction.
Hellojohn,
Amber's comment is spot on. Ensure that you declare it on your form.

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Re: Here is the link

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:31 am

VR wrote:HelloJohn,

here is the link for the latest form AN

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... orm_an.pdf

Tick Yes on 3.6

In 3.7 give the details

Write any mitigating circumstances on Page 15.
cheers
vr
if i tick 3.11 because reprimand and warning what u suggest me,
can u check 3.11 i can do only 3.11 or not
plz tell me what mean of any mitigating, because no fine no court involve, i know just only month and year, but i dont know which date,

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:35 am

Were you given a caution by the police or were you convicted by a court?

For conviction use 3.6 and for caution/reprimand use 3.10

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:46 am

Amber_ wrote:Yes, it's not deleted from the PNC (which the Home Office will see) it's merely filtered from DBS certificates. Therefore, you should disclose it on form AN, for employment related applications, you can tick you have never been issued a caution or conviction.
if i aplly taxi test it will need to declare it or not
thanks

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:50 am

MattSule wrote:Were you given a caution by the police or were you convicted by a court?

For conviction use 3.6 and for caution/reprimand use 3.10
thanks for answering
just go to the police station and take my photo and finger print, after this no fine no court involve,
after this no any fine and court matter involve till now,
just only one after this i regret my self all the time why i done this stupid thing, just 50to 70pound,
thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:56 am

hellojohn wrote:
thanks
No, it should now be filtered for the purpose of employment.

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:03 am

Amber_ wrote:
hellojohn wrote:
thanks
No, it should now be filtered for the purpose of employment.
sure i m applying taxi licence and i m not showing,
because its not DBS PNC check or not ,thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:08 am

For a taxi licence, they'll require an Enhanced DBS certificate, but your caution should now be filtered and thus not show in the certificate. For employment you can answer no to the questions regarding cautions and convictions.

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:11 am

Amber_ wrote:For a taxi licence, they'll require an Enhanced DBS certificate, but your caution should now be filtered and thus not show in the certificate. For employment you can answer no to the questions regarding cautions and convictions.
cheers

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:12 am

hellojohn wrote:
Amber_ wrote:For a taxi licence, they'll require an Enhanced DBS certificate, but your caution should now be filtered and thus not show in the certificate. For employment you can answer no to the questions regarding cautions and convictions.
cheers
in naturalisation i dont know exact date of caution , i just know the month and year, its enough,

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:28 am

The most important thing is that you declare it. Month and year is enough. You can add a comment stating that because it's a long time ago you can't remember the exact day

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:39 am

MattSule wrote:The most important thing is that you declare it. Month and year is enough. You can add a comment stating that because it's a long time ago you can't remember the exact day
cheerd amber and just write down i have one conviction, caution,reprimand and warning, its enough, or i will proper declare shoplifting because i feel very bad, i know its very stupid thing i can'nt tell anyone face to face, tell the store name as well,
thanks for cooperation

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:41 am

hellojohn wrote:
MattSule wrote:The most important thing is that you declare it. Month and year is enough. You can add a comment stating that because it's a long time ago you can't remember the exact day
cheerd amber and just write down i have one conviction, caution,reprimand and warning, its enough, or i will proper declare shoplifting because i feel very bad, i know its very stupid thing i can'nt tell anyone face to face, tell the store name as well,
thanks for cooperation
No, just write caution for shoplifting...simple and nothing more

hellojohn
Newly Registered

Post by hellojohn » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:55 am

MattSule wrote:
hellojohn wrote:
thanks for cooperation
No, just write caution for shoplifting...simple and nothing more
thanks

VR

Nothing to feel bad about

Post by VR » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:04 pm

HelloJohn,

Remember ''Every Saint has a past and Every Sinner has a future''! You go through what you go through in life.

If you look at the number of people walking around free after stealing without getting caught, you will be surprised. No need to feel lower. You have paid your debt to society. Do not look back. Nobody has a right to judge you. I dont blame you for being engulfed in a seize mindset as the system is flawed in this country.
cheers
vr

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:25 pm

I agree the current system is disproportionate and contrary to sense. Let's hope reform is en route.