ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 general ilr - second employment earning query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

glasgowguy
Newly Registered

tier 1 general ilr - second employment earning query

Post by glasgowguy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Hi All,

I have been following this group since many years but as a selfish human always come back when in need.. but the forum friends have always helped...

Now I am here again as have extension coming up next year...lemme explain my situation here so that it would b easier for u senior to guide me...

Tier1 General - 2010 employed - outside Uk
Tier1 GenerAl extension - 2012 - employed and self employed - within uk

I am working as ecommerce mgr in a warehouse and earning on hourly basis...
My annual is 16000GBP
I need to show 20000GBP

For my last extension I was self employed as well
I did tuition so it was employed 16000+ self employed 6000= 22000GBP, and got my extension...

I am still self employed and taking tuition (training software)... but I have come across a as second employment opportunity with a company for doing their website and online marketing activities...

Now my question is...this is a start-up company jus an year old company..
Secondly the person running is not uk national.. he himself has applied for a family settlement visa recently....he has one person already working for him... wanted to know..
What all does UKBA check about a company..I am concerned that as its a small recent setup.. does earning from such a company will be a problem..

I work 45 hrs a week with my current company.. with this second employment I will b working from home,evening and weekend..

So if I show this as my second income and together exceed 20000 GBP...with being employed...

Actually after reading blogs here jus wanted to know what would be more better for me..
Employment + self employed or
Employment + 2nd employment...

Also with second employment is it better to on contract for 6 or 8 months...or better be salaried. On monthly basis...

Please let me know any inputs on this or any further information needed..both my second employment and self employment are genuine. But I jus want to take a route with less hassle as have 2 dependents with me...

Appreciate all your time and efforts...

Thanks...

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:10 am

Well now a days I think Employed + Second employment is better then Employed+ Self Employed providing its Genuine and Your HMRC tax payments up to date. ( Current and Previos Application).

I myself doing 2 Jobs : 1st employed as an Engineer ;(40 Hours per week).

second Job: Employed as Engineer On call and Working on week ends :

glasgowguy
Newly Registered

thanks but still need nore inputs...

Post by glasgowguy » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:31 pm

Hey
Thanks for reply..
I would appreciate more inputs from team members on d same...
Thanks..

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:46 pm

The route with less hassle is the route suggested by AUHS.

It is better to seek for a second job that pays a fixed salary rather than self employment, as it is easier to verify earnings from salaried employment than self employment.
Regards

glasgowguy
Newly Registered

Post by glasgowguy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:26 am

Thanks seniors..
But this answers part question..

I would like to know that does ukba check about the company I am employed with..

I mean how old is d company? How many people work? What is the turnover of the company? And other question...

The reason I am concerned is I am gettin second employment in a small new startup.. The owner is not uk resident.. And he is just employing me to begin with.. As m would be doin his websit n online marketing..

Pls guide...

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:53 am

UKBA mainly concern with YOUR employment and TAX payments to HMRC. And new start up business,Director not UK resident ,Only yourself employee does not matter providing every thing is GENUINE.

glasgowguy
Newly Registered

Post by glasgowguy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:45 am

Thanks AUHS..