ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

naturalisation and travel - citizenship when abroad

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

harry7476

naturalisation and travel - citizenship when abroad

Post by harry7476 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:03 am

Hi Guys,

I tried to read through the forum but couldn't find an exact answer for my situation. Please advise.

I will be eligible for naturalisation application after 7 feb. I plan to travel to India between 21 feb and 12 mar. My questions are:

1. Can I travel using Indian passport if I use check service at post office
2. Will they fine me if before coming back I get approval from UKBA for naturalisation
3. What will happen to my passport delivery when my family isn't in UK to receive it

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:46 am

You need to apply for Naturalisation on from AN and once you receive approval you need to attend a ceremony before you are a British citizen and before you can apply for a British passport.

You can use NCS for the naturalisation application and they will make copies of your documents and give you the originals back. So you will be free to travel.

It is unlikely that you will receive approval before you get back to the UK and once you receive approval, you have to attend the ceremony within 90 days.

Please read the Citizenship FAQs in the link below :

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=95747
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.