ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

documents needed for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zchay3e

documents needed for spouse visa

Post by zchay3e » Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:47 am

I work as an employee in central London (variable hours). I rent my own place privately. I would like to sponsor my wife for a visa. Could someone please advise me what documents I should include with my application?

Also, could someone direct me to a template for my employer's letter as they dont seem to known what to include in it.

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:41 pm

What is your immigration status? A lot of information is in the link below and in the links to the forms on UKBA website, depending on what basis your spouse intends to join you.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -families/
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zchay3e

Post by zchay3e » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:18 am

Really need some advice. I am a British Citizen and my wife is non-EU. We are from same country originally. Known each other for 10 years.

I intend to provide:
- 12 month bank statements (gross over 18,600 and average over last six months > £1550).
- Employer's letter showing how much I earn, confirming the payslips are genuine and how I long I worked for them.
- Wife's English language certificate
- Tenancy agreement (I rent a studio alone) + letter from landlord saying they are happy for me to bring my wife.
- Cover letter for me explaining how I know her (+ photos, emails and letters dating back to 2001)

Is this enough? What appendix or appendices should I fill together with application form? For photos and emails, do I need to include original or photocopies (they have sentimental value and I don't want to loose these)

Thanks

zchay3e

Post by zchay3e » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:27 pm

advice - any one?

Sameena akhtar
Member of Standing

Post by Sameena akhtar » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:13 pm

zchay3e wrote:advice - any one?
Hey i sent u a private message, with a list of documents!