ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Train Penalty Fare Notice

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MJNair

Train Penalty Fare Notice

Post by MJNair » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I got a penalty charge notice / fare of travelling without a train ticket. It was paid on the spot.

Does this affect my naturalisation application? Is this considered along with the driving FPNs? Or will this mean that I will not be able to apply in the next 3 years?

VR

It has not gone to Court

Post by VR » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:26 pm

MJNair,

It should not affect your application for Naturalisation. You need not disclose this.
cheers
vr

MJNair

Post by MJNair » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:44 pm

Thanks VR for your response.

Is this considered as a civil offence or something?

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:47 am

MJNair wrote:
Is this considered as a civil offence or something?
Believe me, if you start digging on what offence it is, and what are the legalities and legistlations of on the spot fines by train companies, then the research would easily run into reading dozens of pages.

As VR said, you do not need to disclose it, and it won't effect your application.

But try to be a good citizen, and always get a ticket when you travel. :lol:

VR

Is it a Civil or Criminal Offence!!

Post by VR » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Nairsaab,

I would say its a ''civility offence'' :lol: in the same class as going on a blind date without an invite!! ROFL
cheers
vr