ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

extension for discretionary leave to remain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babybaby
Newly Registered

extension for discretionary leave to remain

Post by babybaby » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi,
My 3 years DLR is due to renew on March 2014.
I have been told by advisor from law centre the rules has been change since july 2012 mean I cannot renew DLR under family life In uk.
They said I have to apply for a new visa call" partner visa",once granted is for 30 months.Is that true?
I have 2 children both are British Citizen and their father is british citizen too.
Pls advice.Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:05 pm

That is rubbish, as you will have transitional protection providing the circumstances are similar to those when you last applied, you should be granted a further 3 years and be able to settle after 6 years DLR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

babybaby
Newly Registered

Post by babybaby » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi Amber
I saw from the UKBA website,they've changed the FLR(O) form to FLR(FP),is that mean when I apply for extension next Feb,i will use FLR(FP) Form.Thanks