ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 -Self employment tax issue

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mistakehappens
Newly Registered

TIER 1 -Self employment tax issue

Post by mistakehappens » Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Hi all,

First of all i am willing to accept all the scrutiny about what i have done and the reason i am here on this forum is to get answers and help if i can.

I have done wrong and if worse come to worst i will face it but in the meantime i want to know if anyone else got the same issues or experience anything similar

5 years ago i went for my Tier1 application with a mix of employment and self employemt income. I showed the income required made the accounts for self employment and went for my application which was successfull.
after the application was successfull, i did not paid my taxes and sent the tax return back as business closed. I went through my extension with full employment basis and no self employment was used in this extension.
Now, my final ILR is coming through but unfortunately i got a road traffic accident conviction on my licence and cannot apply for ILR, so going through another extension soon. I am now worried that home office will look into my original application and will refuse my case. Has anyone else got any information or their knowledge in the above
thanks

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:46 am

Earlier UKBA werent checking tax returns very regularly for self-employed applicants but things have changed a lot now

most self-employed applicants for extension have to go through a lenghty interview which just shows how strict UKBA have become

tax evasion is a serious fraud and there is a high probability that UKBA will check previous tax returns

sort this matter with HMRC, speak to an accountant, you may have to pay a huge penalty & interest for taxes owed depending on the self-employed income

taxes going back 5 years can be amended and allow atleast 2 months for the whole matter to be resolved
Manka

wattoo443
Newly Registered

ilr

Post by wattoo443 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:30 am

UKBA not kid now must pay tax i already face prob