ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year route

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mainu33
Newly Registered

10 year route

Post by mainu33 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:00 am

hi honourables, just a quick question.
my wife is due for indefinite next yr long residence route. she is currently on my student visa. we swapped last yr from being her dependant. i was her dependant for six years point based for 2 years, currently she got an outstanding debt with hmrc cuz for four years she had 2 jobs but according to them was on the wrong code so they recently sent her a bill of 2500, dating back 4 years ago. she fon them and they gave her contradictory information some saying 800, she set a payment plan and now they saying its 2500.

questions
will that affect her application for ILR

can i apply for ILR wen she receives hers since i have been a dependant for six years

we have 2 kids born in uk n currently have no passports since they've never traveled outside uk, in applying for registration do they need a passport from my country of origin

thanks for your comments

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:42 am

The HMRC issues shouldn't be an issue as a repayment plan is being made.

If the child doesn't have a passport that shouldn't be an issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

z18runway

Post by z18runway » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Hundreds and thousands of workers have been issued letters for tax pay back from HMRC for not paying tax on second job which usually should be on BR code or called as Emergency tax code.

Normally i think if it is more than £3000 it has to be paid in 2 installments. If less than £3000, then it can be paid every month spreading the cost for 2-3 years paying by direct debit or can be taken through adjusting the current tax code.

Please follow Amber for Immigration advice on your issue.

Babuska

Re: 10 year route

Post by Babuska » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:59 pm

Hi
Just completed 11 years in the UK. Total absence 568 days and no more than 80 day as longest period. If counting only last 10 years then lesser 530 days.
8 years student visa+ 2 years PSW + 1 year T1E (currently work for my own company, which have Company house registration, HMRC/VAT tax record, office rental contract, personal and business bank statement to show). During students visa and PSW visa, have been work for two companies but not able to collect the employer letters to include in the docs.
We submit app for ILR on 24 Oct 2013. Reason for late submission app form because business activities and required some travel around Europe and Asia that need passport.
Do it potential to have approval with 568 days and no pay slips from the past? (Can I order HMRC to provide it and send as additional docs?) How long we need to wait. I have to plan for business trips too.
Thanks in advance for advice.

mainu33
Newly Registered

thanks

Post by mainu33 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:16 pm

thanks Amber, do appreciate your reply. now we can rest.

mainu33
Newly Registered

Post by mainu33 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:17 pm

z18runway wrote:Hundreds and thousands of workers have been issued letters for tax pay back from HMRC for not paying tax on second job which usually should be on BR code or called as Emergency tax code.

Normally i think if it is more than £3000 it has to be paid in 2 installments. If less than £3000, then it can be paid every month spreading the cost for 2-3 years paying by direct debit or can be taken through adjusting the current tax code.

Please follow Amber for Immigration advice on your issue.
thanks for you input

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:24 am

mainu33 wrote:hi will appreciate your thoughts please. my wife parent's are British and they have been in the UK since she was 2 years and claimed child benefits in her name even though she was abroad, she first came to UK in 2003, in 2007 we had our first child n she on the advice of her mum applied for child benefit because she insisted it was ok. she can't remember if she tick not under immigration control but later when she realised (18months later) it was a recourse to public funds she discontinued receiving it and every subsequent visa she applied she did not tick receiving CHB. as you know previously it was not on application form,

she is about to apply ILR and now little concerned.

Appreciate your suggestions
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:25 am

What Country are you and your spouse native?

If the 'Grandmother' was British and had contact with the children, she could have claimed ChB and Tax credits for the child. Your wife could not as subject to immigration control and thus needs to stop the claim and repay what has bee paid. Subject to finding out whether an admin error occurred. It is debatable whether this needs to be declared if the claim is not active at the time of application.

mainu33
Newly Registered

Post by mainu33 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:38 am

Thanks Amber,
We are both from Ghana. I think she ticked grandmother on the form but we are not very certain. we will contact HRMC to see if we can reach an arrangement to make payment.
one more thing she has never indicated on her application form that she once received CHB will that be an issue.

thank you again for your invaluable information.

mainu33
Newly Registered

Post by mainu33 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:43 am

Amber_ wrote:What Country are you and your spouse native?

If the 'Grandmother' was British and had contact with the children, she could have claimed ChB and Tax credits for the child. Your wife could not as subject to immigration control and thus needs to stop the claim and repay what has bee paid. Subject to finding out whether an admin error occurred. It is debatable whether this needs to be declared if the claim is not active at the time of application.
sorry Amber did not initially see the latter part of your response. will check with them to see. She stopped receiving it in 2009.

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:53 am

Just confirm who actually received the Child benefit?

mainu33
Newly Registered

Post by mainu33 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:50 pm

I would say my wife because it was paid into her account, but she can remember a section on the form which mentioned grandparent and thinks she might have ticked it,

Thanks Amber

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:19 pm

You can pay it into any account. The Grandmother could have continued to claim it, as she is British. Nonetheless, it shouldn't be an issue if the Grandmother claimed it. If it was your wife, then the ILR form doesn't ask about previous public funds, just current, so you could just forget it.

mainu33
Newly Registered

Post by mainu33 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:57 pm

Thanks again Amber, will just forget it.