ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal adjourned

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

FRED19
Newly Registered

Appeal adjourned

Post by FRED19 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:08 am

Hi Guys,

Can you please help - I was going to have my appeal hearing yesterday. I got a call from my lawyer saying he was called by the tribunal @ 4:00 on tuesday saying the appeal has been adjourned because the judge said there will be no sufficient hearing time and so a new day will be communicated. Has anyone experienced this before? Have to travel all the way to London for this. Am so so confused

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:40 am

Nothing unusual about this. This things do happen
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

OlaDPounds
United Kingdom

Re: Appeal adjourned

Post by OlaDPounds » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:13 pm

FRED19 wrote:Hi Guys,

Can you please help - I was going to have my appeal hearing yesterday. I got a call from my lawyer saying he was called by the tribunal @ 4:00 on tuesday saying the appeal has been adjourned because the judge said there will be no sufficient hearing time and so a new day will be communicated. Has anyone experienced this before? Have to travel all the way to London for this. Am so so confused
Nothing to worry about. It is normal just wait for the new hearing date.

Mine case was changed from paper to oral by the IAC and later initial oral hearing date July 2013 was changed to October 2013 I just had to wait again.
Life is a race so run it well

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:07 pm

What sort of appeal is it? First or Higher? It must be oral from assumption that you had to travel down to London. Now, this is a positive sign if you can write out the situation we may be able to advise you further on what to do while awaiting the new appeal date. In most cases, the HO representing officer would have requested adjournment so you may stand a chance by sending a letter for reconsideration depending on the situation at hand which we are not informed of. All the best

http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2013/04/ ... decisions/
Worry adds nothing but fear

FRED19
Newly Registered

Post by FRED19 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:01 am

It is an EEA dependent extended family member application. I submitted evidence of dependency before and when in the UK. We still stay together but HO said we didn't show enough evidence like a tenancy agreement (thought there was no need for a joint tenancy since i am a dependent). HO said they are not sure if am dependent.

I got a Job recently and they are willing to sponsor my visa. Can i explore this option considering the fact that that i have a pending appeal. thanks

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:34 am

FRED19 wrote:It is an EEA dependent extended family member application. I submitted evidence of dependency before and when in the UK. We still stay together but HO said we didn't show enough evidence like a tenancy agreement (thought there was no need for a joint tenancy since i am a dependent). HO said they are not sure if am dependent.

I got a Job recently and they are willing to sponsor my visa. Can i explore this option considering the fact that that i have a pending appeal. thanks
It's a bit tricky. I will advice you stick to the EEA route and also let the company that wants to sponsor you know that the tier 2 will be the last resort. You can still work legally while your appealing your case on the EEA2 application.

FRED19
Newly Registered

Post by FRED19 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:21 pm

thanks Dav - is there anything to back up the fact that i can work while my appeal is still pending. Say an immigration law etc. Just something in black and white.

Thansks

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:37 pm

I believe you are about to fall foul of "if you work then the question of your dependancy (the basis of your application) will no longer be valid"

Davmck70

Post by Davmck70 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:40 pm

I would want to withdraw my earlier comment about your being able to work while chasing the appeal. I do agree that it will jeopardise your chances on the EEA application and at the same time, what are your chances if you withdraw the EEA to pursue the company sponsored Tier2 application?