ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish national - sponsoring non-EEA parents to UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

WantToBeIrish
Newly Registered

Irish national - sponsoring non-EEA parents to UK

Post by WantToBeIrish » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:02 pm

I need some advise regarding sponsoring my non-EEA parents to Ireland or UK as adult dependents.
I am an Irish national now and I have been living and working in Ireland from more than 10 years. I have my other sibling living in UK(British national) and also participating in financial help.
Both of my parents are over 65. My all other siblings are abroad. We have all the documents to prove our parents financial dependency.
My mother stays quite unwell now and it is becoming difficult for my elderly father to manage the life on his own.
Due to recent changes in UK immigration, it is extremely difficult for my British brother to sponsor them to UK as his dependents.
So we have a dilemma now. Either I sponsor them to Ireland, which seems to be a very lengthy process again OR I move to UK (preferable way) and sponsor them there using my European treaty rights.
Which one is more quicker or more certain way of getting our parents here with us?
I would appreciate input from the forum members OR your personal experiences with these matters.