ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Names on Certificates.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Able
Newly Registered

Names on Certificates.

Post by Able » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Pls kindly advise me...I sought asylum with Two names (my forename and middle name) but without my surname,I was granted Stamp 4 recently.
Now I need to go for my Masters degree,my first degree certificate and transcript carries three names..
What are my options ?

To add I got my stamp 4 as an Irish spouse..I.e through genuine marriage..
Last edited by Able on Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:05 pm

Well your first options is that you should have known that not given the full information about you when seek asylum must eventual come to hunt you.

Your other option is to try using your previous degree and see what happens, but you must know that this wont be the first time that this will come to hunt you.
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

justme2
Newly Registered

Post by justme2 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:53 am

My dad used to tell us as kids when u tell a lie you will seven more lies to cover the first. I guess you need to start a new career with your new identity.

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:10 am

Forget about your undergrad degree - in your position it is impossible for you to use it.

The first option is to re-apply for asylum, using your full name. If that option is not attractive then you can re-apply for university undergrad here using CAO system in February.

The best thing to do is to get another undergraduate degree here in Ireland, then a Masters.

Choose the undergrad carefullly - many have poor job prospects, some lead to jobs that require garda vetting and you need to avoid garda vetting jobs, as these could be a problem for you. Garda vetting eliminates any job in healthcare or childcare.
BL

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:Forget about your undergrad degree - in your position it is impossible for you to use it.

The first option is to re-apply for asylum, using your full name. If that option is not attractive then you can re-apply for university undergrad here using CAO system in February.

The best thing to do is to get another undergraduate degree here in Ireland, then a Masters.

Choose the undergrad carefullly - many have poor job prospects, some lead to jobs that require garda vetting and you need to avoid garda vetting jobs, as these could be a problem for you. Garda vetting eliminates any job in healthcare or childcare.
This is actually the worst thing he would do!. If INIS ever find out about him not declaring his full name that will be deemed as given false information and his asylum claim will be automatically denied and he will be deported!. Fact!

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:09 pm

justme2 wrote:My dad used to tell us as kids when u tell a lie you will seven more lies to cover the first. I guess you need to start a new career with your new identity.
Your dad was very right!.

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:56 pm

OP could you not do a change of name? have you considered that as an option?

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:48 pm

The additional information (that you got stamp 4 through marriage) is a help, but if the marriage should end you could lose the stamp because of the initial deception, if it becomes known. On the other hand, if you have a child who derives Irish citizenship from your spouse, then you are pretty safe to remain in Ireland until the child is 18.

Your choices remain the same - do another undergraduate degree or admit to the deception when claiming asylum. I am not recommending either option, but I am saying that you have only those options.

It is almost impossible to use the original name with the current pps number - the pps number is linked to the name used when it was given to the OP, at the time of claiming asylum. Therefore any change of name will result in an investigation.

One difficulty for many people in Ireland is that the education system is closely monitored, more so than people realise unless they have a problem like the one mentioned above. All forms of education, from junior infants in primary school through to university, require a pps number, and that number is linked to your name. If you no longer have a legal right to reside in Ireland (or have never had such a right) then education is almost impossible to access without fear. That applies even if you are a four year old child who just wants to go to primary school.

There was a case some years back in Scotland, where a man of 37 years went back to school, pretending he was 17, so as to sit his exams again and get better results to go to university. The second level school did not notice, the university did notice and investigated. This led to a major investigation at the second level school (to see if he had abused any classmates) and it has also led to child protection safeguards, designed to prevent people using an inaccurate name if accessing education. So the education system is closely monitored, and a change of name in order to access education will throw up a lot of investigation.

Either way, I would definitely recommend against any career which involves work with children, in healthcare or in finance. That limits your options in terms of university.

It is possible to change your name legally by deed poll (not expensive either) and you can then send a photocopy of the deed poll to social welfare, revenue and the drugs payment scheme/medical card people and any other government departments. If you do this first, and then apply for university using the old name, there is a chance it will not be noticed by the university. It could however lead to the immigration office investigating to see if this was your original name, so I think it is a risk.

Best of luck and hope this helps you to make an informed choice.
BL

Able
Newly Registered

Thank you so much guys..I have learnt y lesson.

Post by Able » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:32 pm

Brigid from Ireland wrote:The additional information (that you got stamp 4 through marriage) is a help, but if the marriage should end you could lose the stamp because of the initial deception, if it becomes known. On the other hand, if you have a child who derives Irish citizenship from your spouse, then you are pretty safe to remain in Ireland until the child is 18.

Your choices remain the same - do another undergraduate degree or admit to the deception when claiming asylum. I am not recommending either option, but I am saying that you have only those options.

It is almost impossible to use the original name with the current pps number - the pps number is linked to the name used when it was given to the OP, at the time of claiming asylum. Therefore any change of name will result in an investigation.

One difficulty for many people in Ireland is that the education system is closely monitored, more so than people realise unless they have a problem like the one mentioned above. All forms of education, from junior infants in primary school through to university, require a pps number, and that number is linked to your name. If you no longer have a legal right to reside in Ireland (or have never had such a right) then education is almost impossible to access without fear. That applies even if you are a four year old child who just wants to go to primary school.

There was a case some years back in Scotland, where a man of 37 years went back to school, pretending he was 17, so as to sit his exams again and get better results to go to university. The second level school did not notice, the university did notice and investigated. This led to a major investigation at the second level school (to see if he had abused any classmates) and it has also led to child protection safeguards, designed to prevent people using an inaccurate name if accessing education. So the education system is closely monitored, and a change of name in order to access education will throw up a lot of investigation.

Either way, I would definitely recommend against any career which involves work with children, in healthcare or in finance. That limits your options in terms of university.

It is possible to change your name legally by deed poll (not expensive either) and you can then send a photocopy of the deed poll to social welfare, revenue and the drugs payment scheme/medical card people and any other government departments. If you do this first, and then apply for university using the old name, there is a chance it will not be noticed by the university. It could however lead to the immigration office investigating to see if this was your original name, so I think it is a risk.

Best of luck and hope this helps you to make an informed choice.

Able
Newly Registered

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS...

Post by Able » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:39 pm

Thank you so much guys..I have learnt my lessons.
It was out of fear and favour..

Thank once again Brigid..

New App
Newly Registered

Re: Names on Certificates.

Post by New App » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Able wrote:Pls kindly advise me...I sought asylum with Two names (my forename and middle name) but without my surname,I was granted Stamp 4 recently.
Now I need to go for my Masters degree,my first degree certificate and transcript carries three names..
What are my options ?

To add I got my stamp 4 as an Irish spouse..I.e through genuine marriage..
Be honest and contact the INIS and ORAC

Able
Newly Registered

Post by Able » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:06 am

How about doing a change of name in my country of origin through the court to validate the certificates on my new names, since I prefer my official two names in ireland.

ConDale1
BANNED

Post by ConDale1 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:25 pm

Able wrote:How about doing a change of name in my country of origin through the court to validate the certificates on my new names, since I prefer my official two names in ireland.
We may not mind your own grandfather surnames or nominated surnames should you all failed to do so, as ordered by the Irish nationality not to take out Madasiru of new roro out of nomination list for the rest of your entire life. :P