ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- Dependents query

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asdf00713
Newly Registered

ILR- Dependents query

Post by asdf00713 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Hi all, I am wondering if someone could advise me. I am planing to apply for ILR using SET (O) and include my wife and two young children at the same time next month using PEO appointment. My application is straight forwards, but I am not sure about my wife getting ILR with me at the same time, as we don't have enough documents to prove cohabitation as she is housewife . We have only Council tax bill in both our names since Jan 2012 and 1 or 2 letters from GP surgery. But I would like to take a chance. I would like to know, if my wife's ILR is refused on the basis of inadequate proof of cohabitation, do myself and children will be granted ILR or my entire application will be rejected? Your valuable opinions are highly appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:50 am

When was your spouse last given leave?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

asdf00713
Newly Registered

Post by asdf00713 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:44 am

Hi Amber,
My wife's last renewal was on 14/09/2012.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:07 am

For SET(O), cohabitation proof is required from the last extension so, from 14/09/2012.
SET(O) Page 48 wrote:If you have a spouse or civil partner listed in section 2 of this application form who is applying at the same
time as you, please provide documentary evidence of cohabitation since you were last granted leave (up to a
maximum of two years). Evidence provided should cover the whole period and be in the form of official letters
or documents, addressed to yourself and your spouse.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

asdf00713
Newly Registered

Post by asdf00713 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:19 am

Thanks Amber for your prompt reply.

1. My main worry is, as we are using single application, if my they could not grant ILR for my wife with any reason, Do they go ahead and grant ILR to me and the kids, or they reject whole application? i wold like to know your opinion regarding this.

2. And also I red in FAQs in the same forum, the cohab documents not necessarily cover the immidiate period before the application, but 2 or 5 years since first VISA given.