ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two questions regarding EU1 application

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

joost
Newly Registered

Two questions regarding EU1 application

Post by joost » Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi all,

Hopefully you can assist me with the two questions regarding my partners EU1 application, wihch ill be submitting within the next two weeks

1) Does she need a GNIB card before we apply for EU1? She will enter Ireland on a join spouse visa next week and we intend to apply the week after. To my understading the GNIB only comes after she receives the temp EU4FAM card?

2) I don't have any utility bills in her name as she will move next week, but i do have a PRTB letters in her and mine name as we both signed the lease for my apartment 6 months ago, are utility bills in just my name okay?

Thanks,

Joost

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:19 pm

Please find below the answers of your questions:

Answer 1: Once your partner arrive at the Dublin airport, She would be given 1 month visa and would be advised to apply for the residence card on EU1 application form. She DO NOT need GNIB card at that stage. You can get the EU1 form from here: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU1.pdf

This process will take six months and you have to show that you are exercising EU treaty rights in the form of work/business/study or self sufficient....

You can get more info from this link: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Answer 2: PRTB letter is good and DOJ would be looking for that, I would advise to take few colour photo copies of that, in case the original letter is lost, PRTB DO NOT issue a duplicate letter. Once your partner arrive in the state, you can add her into another utility bills, also open a joint bank account (if suits you). The more joint proof of address, the better would be outcome.

Good Luck

jeupsy

Re: Two questions regarding EU1 application

Post by jeupsy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:42 am

joost wrote:Hi all,
i do have a PRTB letters in her and mine name as we both signed the lease for my apartment 6 months ago, are utility bills in just my name okay?
Call your utility providers now and ask them to add her name to the bills. They won't require any documents and will do it straight away, so and you will have bills with both names shortly after she arrives in Ireland.

Will make things easier for you.