ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

uk born child in india, can i bring him uk?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Simha
Newly Registered

uk born child in india, can i bring him uk?

Post by Simha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:10 pm

SUB: UK born child in India with Tier2-General dependant visa, with his current visa can I bring him UK? (now I am British citizen)

Hi All,

My UK born child (2yr old) have tier2 general dependant visa ( valid until 1 Aug 2014) and now he is in India with my parents.
I wish to bring him here, but my question is after my son been to India my status has been changed, now I have received ILR and waiting for citizenship.
I am planning to bring him here in March or April 2014, can I bring him here with his tier 2 general dependant visa?

I wish to apply for his citizenship after I bring him here. Could anybody know is that possible?

A solicitor told me yes I can bring him here with the current visa because it is valid till Aug 2014. I wanted to double check this so I have sent an email to UKBA but no answer so far. fingers crossed :( :?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:40 pm

As your child was born in the UK, he is entitled to register as British under section 1(3) BNA on form MN1, you can do this in the UK when the child is abroad. The child can also travel on a PBS dep visa as you settled as a PBS applicant. Registering your child as British then getting him/her a British Passport would be wise, as you'll be doing that anyway. I assume the other parent was not settled/British when the child was born.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Simha
Newly Registered

Post by Simha » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:49 am

Thanks amber. it relieves me a lot, because it is very hard to apply visa for him in India because my trip is very short, to apply visa for him and bring him here will be very difficult in the short time.

It is good I can bring him first and then register as British. I got new job in different place, after moving to new place I wish to register my son as British. (coz address changes while processing)

By the way my partner also got ILR at the same time as me so at the time of child born my partner was on Tier2 - General dependant visa.

My main concern was my status has been changed after my son travelled abroad, with out updating that to my son's visa that he can travel to UK with his current visa.

Thanks for your input appreciated. This forum is very helpful.