ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

RLMT details for Unrestricted CoS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gupta_ust

RLMT details for Unrestricted CoS

Post by gupta_ust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi All,

I need to provide inputs to the employer for issuing an Unrestricted CoS for a Tier 2 G job switch. When I look at the guidance present on UKBA site, it gives no option to put in RLMT details.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... worker.pdf

Can you please suggest? I know there is a different SMS guide for Restricted CoS but that is not applicable here. Am I right in saying so?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:39 pm

If the employer is a licensed sponsor they should know what to do. Carrying out the RLMT is their responsibility, not yours. Details of how to carry out the RLMT are given in the T2 sponsor guidance, p48 and onwards
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:46 pm

Hi Manci,

Sorry, I think I did not frame my question correctly. My question is when RLMT is successfully done, where do we need to put the details while assigning the Unrestricted CoS in SMS.
Guide does not give a screenshot of this particular field in Unrestricted Cos SMS guide.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 am

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks Manci for your help.
One more question please, suppose Main applicant's visa is valid till Feb 2014 and the main applicant switches to Tier 2 G from Jan 2014 without dependents applying at the same time.
How long the dependent's application can wait after the switch(main applicant) before its own old expiry?

Also, dependent is already T2 dependent so do we need to prove Maintenance if applying seperately?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:17 am

why don't the dependants apply the same time as you? Their visas will expire the same time as yours, in Feb 14 (it also costs less if you apply together).

It will not be necessary to show maintenance for the dependants since you don't have to show maintenance either

gupta_ust

Post by gupta_ust » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:31 pm

Actually main applicant want to apply via Same Day Visa Service which costs lot more than applying by post. Hence Main applicant via same day visa service and once visa is issued, application by post for dependents.
How much delay is legal between main applicant's switch T2 to T2 and expiry of old dependent's visa?
Since dependents will be applying seperately, does maintenance need to be proved? (T2 Dep to T2 Dep)

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:42 am

gupta_ust wrote:Actually main applicant want to apply via Same Day Visa Service which costs lot more than applying by post. Hence Main applicant via same day visa service and once visa is issued, application by post for dependents.
How much delay is legal between main applicant's switch T2 to T2 and expiry of old dependent's visa?
the dependants should apply before the expiry of their visas (although overstaying by up to 28 days is disregarded)

Since dependents will be applying seperately, does maintenance need to be proved? (T2 Dep to T2 Dep) yes