ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

alokshah

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

alokshah
Newly Registered

Non EEA national (UK RC) visiting Paris with French wife

Post by alokshah » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:45 am

Hi, I read through all your forums and this is my dilemma.
My wife (French citizen exercising treaty rights in the UK) and myself (Indian national ( with a residence card, working in the UK)) would like to travel to France for Xmas as we have done in the past.

My question is :

Last 2 years I travelled by acquiring a Schengen Visa but now that we are married and I have a RC, I am assuming that I do not require a visa so long as I carry a copy of the directive,my passport, marriage certificate (issued in the UK) etc and I travel with my spouse or join her in France. Is that correct?

Just to confirm i called the French Embassy in London who said I required a French Marriage Book? or else i will need to apply for a visa!!

Can anyone advise at the earliest? I am having a panic attack now that the tickets are booked and presents bought and we are expected to travel soon.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:33 pm

There are many threads on this matter. Please post only in one place.

Thanks,