ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HMRC Self Assessment late submission penalty

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

segs2tier1

HMRC Self Assessment late submission penalty

Post by segs2tier1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:53 pm

Does any one know if this Penailty will affect your Naturalisation outcome?

It is a £100 fine for late submission which I have paid already, just wondering if that will go against the 'character requirement' since they will be checking your tax affairs etc.

Not sure what this penalty is classed as, to me it is just another way of making more money by the HMRC.

MattSule

Post by MattSule » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:23 pm

No

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:41 pm

MattSule wrote:No
Cheers for the reply - you never know they might treat it similar to a FPN and use it against you. In the end of the day, they are both fines and if you dont pay you will end up in court.

aquapal
Newly Registered

Re: HMRC Self Assessment late submission penalty

Post by aquapal » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:31 pm

Segs2tier1
I am in similar situation but HMRC cancelled late filing penalty as it was issued in error on their part.
Did you declare this penalty in your naturalisation application ? If so whihc section? & shoudl I declare?