ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 General Tax, ILR and Income throughout, Please Help.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raju4u

Tier1 General Tax, ILR and Income throughout, Please Help.

Post by raju4u » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi everyone, I have a question regarding my Tier1 General Visa i hope to get some useful replies if possible, I will highly appreciate.

I first got my Tier1 Visa in 2011 and income required was 35k, I sent my tax returns and paid the tax accordingly which was over 7k, The following year i could not keep up with the business i had burglaries one after another in my Store. I made a loss in business.

In 2013 i got my extension and i will pay the tax accordingly which is over 7k again in January 2014.

My question is to qualify for the ILR do i have to keep up the 35k of income in following year as well? Means do i have to keep up the income threshold throughout the 5 years? Or i only have to keep the income level and pay taxes on the tax returns i sent to HO? I am just confused really because if i have to pay 5 years of tax throughout then i will better go back home rather than spending more time here work 7 days t keep up the income and pay everything in taxes.

To add up i pay £9k in business rates, £4k in Vat as i am not VAT registered. £7k+ income tax and council tax of £3k+ every year. If my life will end in earning money and paying taxes and then i wont even get a chance to get ILR then its not worth it i already spent 8 years in this country. And i have graduated from well Known Universities.

Please reply and solve my confusion. Thanks in advance.

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:59 pm

I think you only have to show your earnings when you are going for extension or ILR for the last 12 months only then pay taxes accordingly. You dont have to maintain through out five years.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:06 pm

oocha wrote:I think you only have to show your earnings when you are going for extension or ILR for the last 12 months only then pay taxes accordingly. You dont have to maintain through out five years.
R u sure?? coz a friend of mine told me that on airport they r sending people back and in HO they r checking all the tax paid to HMRC. so i have to keep up all my taxation up to date.

I gave it a thought and i decided that i cant pay that much to taxes as its not worth it i am already paying so many taxes that my i can only see tax even in my nightmares. When i buy stock i pay VAT. I pay Vat on my Store Rent which is £4k, I pay business rates i pay council tax i pay income tax and so many others which i even dont know. So please give me a solid information if possible so i can decide accordingly. I will simply sell out my business and runaway from here. Atleast i will die in peace rather than the humiliation of getting refused or being grilled on the Airport. Thanks a lot.

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:06 pm

If you are applying ILR on 10 years basis then you dont need to do anything. Just pay the Tax on the earnings you showed at the time of Tier 1 Extension. After if you business is going in loss, it will not effect your ILR under 10 years route.

oocha
Newly Registered

Post by oocha » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:11 pm

raju4u wrote:
oocha wrote:I think you only have to show your earnings when you are going for extension or ILR for the last 12 months only then pay taxes accordingly. You dont have to maintain through out five years.
R u sure?? coz a friend of mine told me that on airport they r sending people back and in HO they r checking all the tax paid to HMRC. so i have to keep up all my taxation up to date.

I gave it a thought and i decided that i cant pay that much to taxes as its not worth it i am already paying so many taxes that my i can only see tax even in my nightmares. When i buy stock i pay VAT. I pay Vat on my Store Rent which is £4k, I pay business rates i pay council tax i pay income tax and so many others which i even dont know. So please give me a solid information if possible so i can decide accordingly. I will simply sell out my business and runaway from here. Atleast i will die in peace rather than the humiliation of getting refused or being grilled on the Airport. Thanks a lot.
Only those people are having problem at Airport who did not pay their taxes according to the earnings they claimed at the time of Visa application. If your earnings were genuine and you paid tax on that earning. Then you should not be worried about that.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:12 pm

oocha wrote:If you are applying ILR on 10 years basis then you dont need to do anything. Just pay the Tax on the earnings you showed at the time of Tier 1 Extension. After if you business is going in loss, it will not effect your ILR under 10 years route.
At the time of ILR i will short of 10 years by 8 9 months i think. There is no way i can go for 10 years.

raju4u

Post by raju4u » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:09 pm

Can someone please shed some more light? Any experts or Gurus? It will help me to make up my mind. I will highly appreciate ... thanks

wattoo443
Newly Registered

earning

Post by wattoo443 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:26 am

dear i advice pay all tax bcz i already face prob