ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success at Solihull 20-Sep-2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:46 pm

khurramalvi wrote:There is no requirement of maintenance funds for ILR but it did to be on safe side.
Srieuk wrote:Hi,

Downloaded your documents they are really useful, thanks for help.
But could you clarify for ILR application do maintenance funds needed to be shown? I see in your cover letter you have mentioned about it?

Best regards,
Sri
Congratulations on your ILR. Could you let us know how much balance you maintained and for how long? Further were there and dependants included as well?

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:48 pm

£900 for 3 months.

I didn't include dependant with the application.
sheraz_aries wrote:
khurramalvi wrote:There is no requirement of maintenance funds for ILR but it did to be on safe side.
Srieuk wrote:Hi,

Downloaded your documents they are really useful, thanks for help.
But could you clarify for ILR application do maintenance funds needed to be shown? I see in your cover letter you have mentioned about it?

Best regards,
Sri
Congratulations on your ILR. Could you let us know how much balance you maintained and for how long? Further were there and dependants included as well?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:43 pm

You need to fill two payment sheets. They will take payment one by one. Please bear in mind, Solihull PEO provides Card details to Liverpool PEO and then they take the payment. This is the only drawback (No chip and pin device) of going to Solihull.
sheraz_aries wrote:Congrats mate! When you pay online, was there option to break payment and pay by credit card?

I need to pay around £2600 for main + 1 dependant. Is it possible to pay this amount using two credit cards as i do not have enough credit limit on it?

sheraz_aries
Member of Standing

Post by sheraz_aries » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:47 pm

rajesh9pl wrote:You need to fill two payment sheets. They will take payment one by one. Please bear in mind, Solihull PEO provides Card details to Liverpool PEO and then they take the payment. This is the only drawback (No chip and pin device) of going to Solihull.
sheraz_aries wrote:Congrats mate! When you pay online, was there option to break payment and pay by credit card?

I need to pay around £2600 for main + 1 dependant. Is it possible to pay this amount using two credit cards as i do not have enough credit limit on it?
But I heared I forums that now you have to pay the full amount online at the time of booking.

autocrazy

Re: ILR Success at Solihull 20-Sep-2013

Post by autocrazy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:54 am

khurramalvi wrote:1-Sep-2012 till 30-Aug-2013.

You are getting worried about nothing. Read the SET (O) guidance for more clarification.
autocrazy wrote:
khurramalvi wrote:I showed salary from Sep 2012 - Aug 2013.

Any period within 15 months will fulfil the requirement. You should be okay with Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 bank statement and payslips for the October application.
autocrazy wrote:

Hi Could you confirm if they ask for the last bank statement and salary statement to be less than 30 days old?

I am asking because I shall be applying on 4th October but the 12 month salary statement period I shall show is from Sep 2012 to Aug 2013 and the Bank Statement shall be from 4th Sep 2012 to 3rd Sep 2013. Basically not the last salary (Sep 2013) or last Bank statement (4th Sep 2013 to 3rd October 2013). Will this be a problem?
Thanks for your prompt reply - much appreciated.
Could you specify for clarity your bank account statement dates - you see if yours were under 30 days old they may be fine, but if it exceeds more than 30 days they are likely to kick a fuss?
My reasons to get worried are based on what the Set(O) guidance states, see below (copy paste from Set(O) guidance document).

From 31 October 2011 the Immigration Rules
have been amended: Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Intra
Company Transfer) and Work Permit holders applying
for settlement must provide specified documentary
evidence in order to demonstrate that they are being
paid at or above the appropriate rate for settlement
applications. The documents you must provide with
your application are either: a payslip and a personal
bank or building society statement, or a payslip and a
building society pass book.

Payslip: This must be the most recent payslip. It must
be dated no earlier than one calendar month before
the date of the application. It should either be an
original payslip or on company-headed paper. If the
payslip is not on headed paper or is a printout of an
online payslip, you must provide a letter from your
sponsor, confirming the payslip is authentic. The letter
from the sponsor must be on company headed paper,
and must be signed by a senior official.

Personal bank or building society statement: This
must be the most recent statement dated no earlier
than one calendar month before the date of the application.
The statement must clearly show your: name;
account number; the date of the statement; the financial
institution’s name and logo; and transactions by
the sponsor covering the period no earlier than one
calendar month before the date of the application.

Based on the above statements in guidance notes - do Tier 1 (General) applicants have to carry bank statements and payslips no older than 30 days?
Last edited by autocrazy on Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:56 am

Whats is your question now?

autocrazy

photocopies

Post by autocrazy » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:58 am

One more query if I may!

Did you carry with you photocopies of every document? Does the application form need to be photocopied too? Or they photocopy what they need on their own?

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Re: photocopies

Post by khurramalvi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:06 am

I carry photocopies of every original document. I advice you same to avoid delays in the ILR decision.
autocrazy wrote:One more query if I may!

Did you carry with you photocopies of every document? Does the application form need to be photocopied too? Or they photocopy what they need on their own?

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:55 am

Thanks for this Khurram

Just noticed a few things on your covering letter.

- Your claim of age points seems incorrect. You get points based on the age u were when you first applied for Tier-1. Not your current age.

- Maintenance and English language points cannot be claimed.

Correct me if i am wrong.

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:47 am

You can only claim points of current age. You cannot carry forward age from initial Tier1 application.

There are no point for maintenance fund but you need to claim points for English language.
gre.bm691 wrote:Thanks for this Khurram

Just noticed a few things on your covering letter.

- Your claim of age points seems incorrect. You get points based on the age u were when you first applied for Tier-1. Not your current age.

- Maintenance and English language points cannot be claimed.

Correct me if i am wrong.

ISingh2008

Post by ISingh2008 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:50 pm

khurramalvi wrote:You can only claim points of current age. You cannot carry forward age from initial Tier1 application.

[/quote]

This is not correct..... As per the present rules..We claim points for our age at the time of 1st HSMP or Tier 1 General application ..... Doesn't matter what your present age is....

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:53 pm

I believe seniors can confirm.
ISingh2008 wrote:
khurramalvi wrote:You can only claim points of current age. You cannot carry forward age from initial Tier1 application.

This is not correct..... As per the present rules..We claim points for our age at the time of 1st HSMP or Tier 1 General application ..... Doesn't matter what your present age is....[/quote]

ISingh2008

Post by ISingh2008 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:00 pm

khurramalvi wrote:I believe seniors can confirm.
ISingh2008 wrote:

This is not correct..... As per the present rules..We claim points for our age at the time of 1st HSMP or Tier 1 General application ..... Doesn't matter what your present age is....
[/quote]

I am sure on this....
If you check the HELP topic in the 'Age' Section of Points Based Calculator on UKBA website......It says:

Points-based calculator - help
If you are in the UK and are applying to extend your stay you can score up to 20 points for your age. You should use your age at the date of your application for your first permission to stay as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist or Self-Employed Lawyer. Please refer to the Tier 1 (General) policy guidance for details of the points that you can score for age.
If your first application was to the HSMP this will be the date that you applied for your HSMP approval letter, not the date that you applied for your leave.[/b]

ani29
Newly Registered

Accountant certificate

Post by ani29 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi

Did you have to provide your accountant's certificate?

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:57 pm

You need to provide accountant's registration number on the letter, at the bottom, he/she will produce.

JShah

Post by JShah » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:12 am

Congratulations Khurram,

I hope you will be able to help me filling my form as I m applying for ILR this month.

Plz can you guide me if Section 5( the 5 boxes regarding SOC and pay rate/hours is only for Tier2 applicant or is it for TIER1 General applicant as well, as i m Tier1 G applicant but bit confused whether to fill or not.

Q 5.7 Page 12 says
Please give start and end dates of the period of maternity, paternity or adoption related abscence.

Do I need to ans this quest as I had a week paternity leave in july 2012.
But let me clarify it that those PL does not come under my last 12 month pay which I will be claiming point for.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Shah

aghaqasim
Newly Registered

Documents Required!

Post by aghaqasim » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:45 am

Hi Khurram,

Many congratulation to you.

Thank you for such a great post, answering all the question which I was looking for. No need to look any further for me :).

Can you please upload your document again? That would be really helpful for me. I am about to submit my application in couple of weeks time.

Really appreciate that!

Thanks

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:22 am

Congratulations Friend

intalex
Kenya

Post by intalex » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:09 pm

Congrats!

Did you use the latest version of the form (12/2013) released on or around 1st December, or did you use the previous version (10/2013)?

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:01 am

Hi JShah,

I haven't filled those section. No knowledge about them. May be seniors can help.
JShah wrote:Congratulations Khurram,

I hope you will be able to help me filling my form as I m applying for ILR this month.

Plz can you guide me if Section 5( the 5 boxes regarding SOC and pay rate/hours is only for Tier2 applicant or is it for TIER1 General applicant as well, as i m Tier1 G applicant but bit confused whether to fill or not.

Q 5.7 Page 12 says
Please give start and end dates of the period of maternity, paternity or adoption related abscence.

Do I need to ans this quest as I had a week paternity leave in july 2012.
But let me clarify it that those PL does not come under my last 12 month pay which I will be claiming point for.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Regards
Shah

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Re: Documents Required!

Post by khurramalvi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:02 am

Hi,

I have updated package link. Try again.
aghaqasim wrote:Hi Khurram,

Many congratulation to you.

Thank you for such a great post, answering all the question which I was looking for. No need to look any further for me :).

Can you please upload your document again? That would be really helpful for me. I am about to submit my application in couple of weeks time.

Really appreciate that!

Thanks

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:02 am

Thanks
chowkal wrote:Congratulations Friend

khurramalvi
United Kingdom

Post by khurramalvi » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:03 am

I used previous version.
intalex wrote:Congrats!

Did you use the latest version of the form (12/2013) released on or around 1st December, or did you use the previous version (10/2013)?