ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA reply over UK master degree for English language

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

UKBA HUNTER
BANNED

Post by UKBA HUNTER » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:34 pm

In present recession time UKBA is the most profitable enterprise who never miss opportunity to empty people pockets by annually raising the application fee by themselves and by introducing its new partner organizations to further help them in earning. How silliest to listen that uk degree holder still pay for report that its degree is equal to uk levels despite he pass it from uk university after a lot of its sacrifices and hard work. If its not mistake and is true then the policy maker will be Mr. Beans.

MKZR
Newly Registered

Query about Koll

Post by MKZR » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:07 pm

Dear Sir / Madam,

I just read on the UKBA website that effective Oct 28, 2013 there will be a few changes in KOLL requirement whereby now English Language speaking and listening will also be added as a requirement. On reading further, I found that the following :

Degrees taught in English

Those with an academic qualification (not a professional or vocational qualification) who provide appropriate evidence that the qualification was taught or researched in English are considered automatically to meet the English language component of the KoLL requirement and will not be required to show a formal speaking and listening qualification. The qualification must be deemed by UK NARIC to meet the recognised standard of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or PhD in the UK.
I have a full-time Master's degree from the USA. I intend to put in my naturalisation application (spouse of British citizen) through National Checking Service at the local authority in November. I would like to know whether I need to get the formal document called Statement of Comparability from UK NARIC or I can simply show the academic transcripts at NCS as obviously the teaching medium is English in the USA. The University is been enrolled on PBS calculator used for Tier 1 applications (which is populated by UK NARIC itself).

Please advise.
:?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:28 pm

hello amber and board audience,
ukba do not reply about this dilemma but naric again written following. So whats your perception/thoughts about it.

Thank you for your email.

UK NARIC is the National Agency responsible for providing information and advice about vocational, academic and professional skills and qualifications from all over the world. We provide information about the equivalency of qualifications and skills from overseas to the UK's national qualifications frameworks.

A Master’s Degree studied at a UK university, provided it are referenced against the National Qualifications Framework, should be automatically recognised in the UK.

Kind regards,

UK NARIC

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:40 pm

The UKBA should not have put 'deemed by NARIC' in the rules. However, I agree that a UK degree should automatically meet the criteria.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mrehanashraf

English Test For Spouse

Post by mrehanashraf » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Hi

Same question but for dependent (spouse). As number of tests are mentioned at UKBA website:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... -tests.pdf

Does any one have idea which one will be easy to pass? Both in terms of time and money wise.

Thanks
Rehan

Kirtay

Re: English Test For Spouse

Post by Kirtay » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:57 pm

mrehanashraf wrote:Does any one have idea which one will be easy to pass? Both in terms of time and money wise.
I choose Trinity ESOL. Certificate received within 2 weeks including booking and actual exam (kind of 10 minute conversation)! Grade 5 or 6 is equivalent to B1.

They offer many dates every month so can be booked and complete in 2 weeks. They have sample exam videos also on their website to get you familiar.

Hope that will help.

anantha09
Newly Registered

Post by anantha09 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:07 pm

By the way, does any one know how fast or slow is NARIC when we apply for statement of comp?

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:59 pm

28th october already arrived, is there any further update/correction to what ukba said in guideline that ( deem by naric even uk degree).

samira_uk
BANNED

Post by samira_uk » Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi,

As I posted somewhere else, I guess there are some confusions and inconsistency available in the application forms.

According to the guidance published by Home Office and paragraph 2.2(b) of Appendix KoLL, Tier 1 General who already met English language requirements do not need to submit a new qualification.

Universal soldier
BANNED

degree certificate/transcript for English language

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:35 pm

hi guys and amber,

After a long discussion again and again about english language requirement because before UKBA guidance was very unclear. Now someone can tell that if a person got Master degree from UK then still any naric report needs or just just sending the Degree certificate and or transcript will meet this requirement.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:23 pm

A UK degree certificate (Bachelor, Masters or PhD) will suffice for KoLL in addition to the LIUK test.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:24 pm

Thanks Amber :)

aarnags

Post by aarnags » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Today My colleague got ILR who had Non-UK PhD degree and shown PBS calculator print out which award 10 points for English. So I think all the degree should be fine.

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:56 pm

Which means the ukba pbs calculator is actually running by Naric and the meaning of (deem by naric) is that calculator print out. Isn't it?.

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:41 am

Universal soldier wrote:Which means the ukba pbs calculator is actually running by Naric and the meaning of (deem by naric) is that calculator print out. Isn't it?.
Yep that's right.Refer to the following post :-

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=153735