ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can WP holders get in person ILR decisions at PEO's?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wedding25
Newly Registered

Can WP holders get in person ILR decisions at PEO's?

Post by wedding25 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:22 am

Has anyone on a work permit (before the Tier system) been able to do an in person submission of their SET(O) form or must it be sent by post only?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... pointment/

The thought of not knowing for months on end is maddening. Happy to pay for any way that speeds up the process of knowing where you stand.

Has anyone been a similar position?

Thank you.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:41 am

PEO option available for Wp holders applying for ILR on WP basis.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

genorp

Post by genorp » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:05 pm

I arrived on the old-style (pre-tier)work permit in April 2006 and got ILR in person (less than 2 hours) at the Solihull office in 2011.

wedding25
Newly Registered

Post by wedding25 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 pm

Thank you for the replies. Is there anywhere posted in the advice that I can apply in person? All I could find was the link below that stated.

Also, they cannot consider your application if:

your case is complex; or
your case is not covered by the Immigration Rules; or
your sponsor is a staff member of the Home Office or the UK Border Agency. To protect the confidentiality of your sponsor and to prevent any possibility of corrupt behaviour, these applications must be made by post. You should send your application to the address on the application form, with a note stating that the sponsor is a serving member of staff at the Home Office or the UK Border Agency; or
you have applied for settlement in the following categories where the continuous residence period includes time spent in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man:
points-based system;
work outside the points-based system (work permit holder, overseas domestic worker in a private household, UK ancestry); or
business person, innovator, investor, or sole repres

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:31 pm

wedding25 wrote:you have applied for settlement in the following categories where the continuous residence period includes time spent in the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man:
points-based system;
work outside the points-based system (work permit holder, overseas domestic worker in a private household, UK ancestry); or
business person, innovator, investor, or sole repres

you have pointed part of a whole sentence relevant to the ilse of man and channel islands.

your original question does not say if you have lived and worked in these locations so it is not applicable to you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

wedding25
Newly Registered

Post by wedding25 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:02 pm

I just did a cut and paste from the guidance website. I will call the Croydon offices just to confirm I can apply at a PEO office.

Thank you for your replies.