ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need your Advice

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sahid
Newly Registered

Need your Advice

Post by sahid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:32 pm

Dear All,

I would like to get your advice about my present immigration situation.

I made an application to Switch to Tier 4 this October but unfortunately they have refused my application due to maintenance funds. Although they have refused my application I was given an opportunity to make an appeal against the decision.

But after getting my solicitors advice I decided to make a fresh application within 28 days of the refusal letter. Also my solicitor advices me to stop my current employment because according to immigration law I'm an overstayer in uk after the Appeal deadline.

I really want to clarify this,do I still need to wait till they decide my Tier4 application to continue my 20 hours work. Originally I made my tier4 application to switch from Tier1 post study and since I started uni this October I worked only 20 hours as well.

I really appreciate if you can give me an advice regarding this situation.

Thank you

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:41 pm

If you had appealed you could have continued to work as the conditions of your leave would be frozen until the outcome. You chose to make a new application and so your leave is no longer valid (although an overstay of 28 days will not affect the new application). So. your lawyer is correct.

sahid
Newly Registered

Need your Advice

Post by sahid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Thank you very much for your prompt reply Guru.

sahid
Newly Registered

Re: Need your Advice

Post by sahid » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:14 pm

Dear All,

I would really appreciate if you can give me any sort of advice regarding this situation. I did receive a letter from UKBA on second week of this month saying " Thank you for your Tier4 application, i have enclosed all the supporting documents including passports and you will receive your BRP soon".

The problem was they have not enclosed my passports with the supporting documents and i did assume they will send the passports with my BRP. But it has been two week since i got the letter from UKBA and still i did not receive my passports or BRP.

I know sometimes it will take more than 10 working days to get the BRP but what about my passports. I would really appreciate your advice regarding this situation.

Thank You

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Need your Advice

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:57 pm

@ sahid, the best option is for you to call HO to enquire about your passport and BRP.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.