ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ERA route or?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kipkip

ERA route or?

Post by kipkip » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:03 pm

My friend has EEA residents. Permit. Now he wants his wife to join him in UK, will wife apply under immigration law or EEA route.
Who shall separate me from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? or even VISA REFUSAL?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:10 pm

What is your friend status in the UK
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

kipkip

Post by kipkip » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:33 pm

He came UK as dependant of his mother who is married to Spanish. So he has EEA permit
Who shall separate me from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? or even VISA REFUSAL?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:42 pm

Wife will not qualify under the EEA rules, as she is neither the spouse of a Settled person, now a British Citizen.

A bit unfair, and a violation of the ECHR, but unfortunately, that is the rules, until you friend secure PR, or his wife can show she is dependant on the EEA national.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors