ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR - PEO appointment on 30 Dec 2013

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nurul.islam
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR - PEO appointment on 30 Dec 2013

Post by nurul.islam » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:13 pm

Hi,

I would like to know if my wife qualifies for ILR under the the rules in place before 9th July 2012 now that she has completed her 2 years as a PBS dependant. Her initial Tier-1(G) Partner visa was granted on 01 Nov 2011 with validity until 16 Mar 2013 and she came to the UK on 03 Nov 2011.
She later got this Tier-1(G) Partner visa extended on 25 Feb 2013 to a PBS dependant visa while I got my ILR the same time.Her current PBS dependant visa is valid until Feb 2016 and during these 2 years in the UK she has been out of the UK for about 3 months.

I would like to clarify if she can apply for ILR under the 2-year rule as I'm a bit worried now that I have got her SET(M) PEO appointment for 30 Dec 2013 by paying the full amount (£1426). If she doesn't qualify for ILR I believe I can cancel her appointment and would just be losing the appointment fees(£100).

Please could someone clarify if it's OK to apply for her ILR given her above conditions of stay in the UK.

Any help in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Nurul

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:33 pm

It should be SET(O) if you qualified for ILR as a PBS applicant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nurul.islam
Newly Registered

Post by nurul.islam » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:36 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply. Does it matter now that I have got her SET(M) appointment booked - will UKBA still entertain her ILR application? I'll however take a filled SET(0) form with me to the PEO office on the appointment day.Thanks.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:38 pm

They should be ok. Remember LIUK and B1 English is required as well as proof of cohabitation.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nurul.islam
Newly Registered

Post by nurul.islam » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:46 pm

Thanks again. We have all the necessary documents in place -LIUK and Trinity College English (B1.1 of CEFR) certificate and 2 cohabitation documents on our joint names and 1 document on our individual names. Hope this should be fine.