ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EXTENSION APPLICATION CONFUSION IMPORTANT !

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Celina

EXTENSION APPLICATION CONFUSION IMPORTANT !

Post by Celina » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Hello ,

As it says in the policy guidance that " we recognise that , as an entrepreneur , you may have moved on to other activities and no longer be involved in the business in which you initially invested, but we still require this evidence to show that the money was invested ." ( point 57 ,policy guidance OCT 13 ).

I HAVE TWO QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS POINT , PLEASE IF ANY SENIOR MEMBER OR EXPERT CAN GIVE THEIR OPINION IT WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATED , THANKS .

1) The business that we move on to can be ( any business or only NQ4 LEVEL and above ) as even in the extension application form , nowhere they have mentioned anything about NQ 4 LEVEL , they have only asked to name the business .

2) Regarding the money invested , do they want the money to be invested in the initial business in which the entrepreneur visa was granted OR in the new business that we have moved on ?

I am sure many people are confused regarding this , please and advice or guidance is appreciated .

Thanks
Celina .

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: EXTENSION APPLICATION CONFUSION IMPORTANT !

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:11 pm

@ Celina,

1) The business that we move on to can be ( any business or only NQ4 LEVEL and above ) as even in the extension application form , nowhere they have mentioned anything about NQ 4 LEVEL , they have only asked to name the business .

If you get your visa based on NQF level 4, you must always offer services at NQF level 4 whether you change to new company or not. They ask you to name all the businesses with all the investment evidence as you can claim point for investment on more than one company as long as all the company render services at NQF level 4. But you don't need to name any other business which you also run but below NQF level 4 as they wont award points for any fund invested in such business.

2) Regarding the money invested , do they want the money to be invested in the initial business in which the entrepreneur visa was granted OR in the new business that we have moved on ?

You can invest total funds of 50k in initial business and new businesses but all businesses must be at NQF level 4 to qualify for points.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Celina

Post by Celina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:28 am

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ Celina,

If you get your visa based on NQF level 4, you must always offer services at NQF level 4 whether you change to new company or not. They ask you to name all the businesses with all the investment evidence as you can claim point for investment on more than one company as long as all the company render services at NQF level 4. But you don't need to name any other business which you also run but below NQF level 4 as they wont award points for any fund invested in such business.

You can invest total funds of 50k in initial business and new businesses but all businesses must be at NQF level 4 to qualify for points.
@Olasunkanmi
Thank you , for your reply .

nagisons

Post by nagisons » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:45 am

I just want to confirm some points?

- I can change business but work should be according to NQV Levels 4-6?
- investment won't be consider if nature of business has been changed.
- if I have same business and I have same job title which been shown to ukba but I have create a job but job title is totally different to my job title.
Example:
I'm electronic engineer(2124). I have invested in components. I established a store and the job creation is as a store keeper or store operator. This job or this kind of investment will be accepted.

Is this scenario aceepted?

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:26 pm

@ nagisons,

I just want to confirm some points?

- I can change business but work should be according to NQV Levels 4-6?
YES

- investment won't be consider if nature of business has been changed.
Investment wont be consider if level of business fall below NQF level 4, but if nature of business change and level remain at NQF level 4 then, investment will be accepted.

- if I have same business and I have same job title which been shown to ukba but I have create a job but job title is totally different to my job title.
Example:
I'm electronic engineer(2124). I have invested in components. I established a store and the job creation is as a store keeper or store operator. This job or this kind of investment will be accepted.

Is this scenario aceepted?

The job you create don't necessarily have to be the same as your own job title, for example you can employ a secretary to help in the day to day activities of your business. If the scenario above is your own plan, then selling components is not at NQF level 4 and wont be accepted for your extension.
Electronic engineer might be an NQF level 4 job title, but just selling components is below NQF level 4.

smartmind101

answers...

Post by smartmind101 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:25 pm

I strongly and very very strongly object to the above replies. I have gone through the guidelines about 50 times. At NO POINT in the guidelines does it say that :
1) The changed business has to fall at or above NVQ Level 4.
2) The investment has to be made in the same business for which the leave was granted OR in the changed business which should be at NVQ Level 4 or above else investment will not be considered.

Another point of common sense – If I am right at the 1st point wherein business can be changed regardless of NVQ Level, the it is a point of common sense that the investment will be made in the changed business whatever its level is. So, IF the 1st point is right, then automatically the 2nd point only makes sense for the person making investment in the changed business which he is engaged into.

Infact, go through the policy guidelines again. In the whole of guidelines AT NO POINT even this phrase has been used that “Investment will not be considered if…….”.

This is AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO NOT ONLY Olasunkanmi but ALL the readers at immigration board. If you think what I am saying is wrong – Tell me the page number from the guidelines and also the point number.

Thanks !!
LIVE LIFE....KING SIZE !!

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: answers...

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:05 pm

smartmind101 wrote:I strongly and very very strongly object to the above replies. I have gone through the guidelines about 50 times. At NO POINT in the guidelines does it say that :
1) The changed business has to fall at or above NVQ Level 4.
2) The investment has to be made in the same business for which the leave was granted OR in the changed business which should be at NVQ Level 4 or above else investment will not be considered.

Another point of common sense – If I am right at the 1st point wherein business can be changed regardless of NVQ Level, the it is a point of common sense that the investment will be made in the changed business whatever its level is. So, IF the 1st point is right, then automatically the 2nd point only makes sense for the person making investment in the changed business which he is engaged into.

Infact, go through the policy guidelines again. In the whole of guidelines AT NO POINT even this phrase has been used that “Investment will not be considered if…….”.

This is AN OPEN CHALLENGE TO NOT ONLY Olasunkanmi but ALL the readers at immigration board. If you think what I am saying is wrong – Tell me the page number from the guidelines and also the point number.

Thanks !!
Its logical to know that if you get your visa based on running a company at NQF level 4, then you simply have to continue any business on the same NQF level 4 for the purpose of extension until after getting ILR after which you can then do whatever business you want. Any other business that you run or invested money in which is below NQF level 4 will not be use for the award of point during extension. You don't need a professor to explain this to you.

googleit

Post by googleit » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:50 am

I sent an email to UKBA regarding this and they replied that there is not restriction on level of business we can invest in any business, if you read policy guidance for extension applicants there is not requirement for NVQ level, that is only for initial applicants

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:43 pm

googleit wrote:I sent an email to UKBA regarding this and they replied that there is not restriction on level of business we can invest in any business, if you read policy guidance for extension applicants there is not requirement for NVQ level, that is only for initial applicants
You need to be very careful of the response to your email because HO are well known to give inaccurate information sometimes.

unto1

Post by unto1 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:40 pm

I support what Ola said. I have a cousin on HSMP who will soon apply for ILR. He said he will still need to prove the same earnings as proved initially, despite having extended the initial visa. Even, if it is not written in policy guide now, it will still be written in future when they begin to refuse people; it just a common sense to stick to business above nvq level 4; that is one of the conditions (major for psw holders) the visa is granted in first place. If ukba wants to joke with business level, they will not call it highly skilled entrepreneur. I can't therefore, understand why those will eventually emerge as chicken and curry seller.

samaygrg

Re:

Post by samaygrg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:29 pm

I agree with Olansunkanmi.
Olasunkanmi wrote:
googleit wrote:I sent an email to UKBA regarding this and they replied that there is not restriction on level of business we can invest in any business, if you read policy guidance for extension applicants there is not requirement for NVQ level, that is only for initial applicants
You need to be very careful of the response to your email because HO are well known to give inaccurate information sometimes.

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:33 pm

Agreeing with what Olansunkanmi wrote, HO do believe and accept the fact that business circumstances could change over time. So they accept the business and its services as far as it is NVQ level 4 and above ( it it haappen to change). However, related diversification will help more.