ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Money investment in business

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

memoa
Egypt

Money investment in business

Post by memoa » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi everyone,

I really want to ask about the money investment.

when I applied for Tire 1 visa I got refused in the first time because the money was in the company account instead in my personal account. Then as a result of the refusal, I did transfer the money to my personal account and made a new application. Fortunately, I got the visa in the second application (thanks God).

Since the day I got accepted, I haven't transferred the money back into the company account as I have a good income to the company account.

My question is:

Do I need to transfer the money to the company account before the end of the yearly return tax ?

Lets say I have income more than 5k a month and I use about 2.5k as expenses for fuel, rent,....etc.

So will this 2.5k be accounted as an investment even if I haven't transferred the 50k to the company account yet ?

If I need to transfer the money to the company account, how should I show that,e.g,is it in the form of Direct Loan?

Please guys if anyone has the right answer, could you kindly reply here.

Thanks

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Re: Money investment in business

Post by tanvir1985th » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:57 pm

memoa wrote:Hi everyone,

I really want to ask about the money investment.

when I applied for Tire 1 visa I got refused in the first time because the money was in the company account instead in my personal account. Then as a result of the refusal, I did transfer the money to my personal account and made a new application. Fortunately, I got the visa in the second application (thanks God).

Since the day I got accepted, I haven't transferred the money back into the company account as I have a good income to the company account.

My question is:

Do I need to transfer the money to the company account before the end of the yearly return tax ?

Lets say I have income more than 5k a month and I use about 2.5k as expenses for fuel, rent,....etc.

So will this 2.5k be accounted as an investment even if I haven't transferred the 50k to the company account yet ?

If I need to transfer the money to the company account, how should I show that,e.g,is it in the form of Direct Loan?

Please guys if anyone has the right answer, could you kindly reply here.

Thanks
first of all congrates on yr success. before i answer yr questions i wanna ask u one question. during yr fresh application did u have valid visa?
in answering yr 1st question no u dont have to transfer all the money now. but u must make a investment of £50K in next 3 years. but remember if u r approaching to long residency application then they might want to see if u have made any investment or not. so make sure before that u have made some considerable investment.

in answering 2nd question its gonna be really tricky. even though UKBA wanna see a total investment of £50k in 3 years but by showing them £50k in yr personal account u actually promised that u r going to invest that amount in yr business. so lets say u r making 2.5k investment every month from yr profit which will total more than £50 in three years but still it might not be accepted by ukba coz they expected u to invest yr own savings in the business. so my suggestion transfer bit by bit in yr business account to show investment rather than relying on profit. being honest it doesnt matter for u but it might for them. please also be advised not many people have done renewal yet on this visa so we dont have any case in front us yet to convince your answer specially the way u have planned to invest.

answer to yr 3rd question yes any money u transfer from personal account to business will be treated as director's loan. hope i have been able to help u a bit. thx

educators

Post by educators » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:19 pm

tanvir1985th wrote:but remember if u r approaching to long residency application then they might want to see if u have made any investment or not. so make sure before that u have made some considerable investment.
Long residency applications department is totally separate and it is not their requirement to show how much you have invested for your Tier 1 Ent visa. They only need to see whether you have spent 10 years of legal stay in UK or not.

tanvir1985th
Member of Standing

Post by tanvir1985th » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:26 pm

educators wrote:
tanvir1985th wrote:but remember if u r approaching to long residency application then they might want to see if u have made any investment or not. so make sure before that u have made some considerable investment.
Long residency applications department is totally separate and it is not their requirement to show how much you have invested for your Tier 1 Ent visa. They only need to see whether you have spent 10 years of legal stay in UK or not.
i do agree with u but what i was trying to say if he is applying for long residency after a considerable time has past in his t1 visa then ukba reserves the right to see if any investment made coz it was the condition of approving visa which he must fulfil otherwise it might fall under general refusal regardless u made it 10 years or not.

memoa
Egypt

Post by memoa » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:21 pm

Hi tanvir1985th,

Thanks for your reply.Yes my visa was still valid when I applied in the second time.

educators,
Thanks for your reply.

I beg your pardon, but in the Tire 1 visa you don't need to show 10 years of legal stay in UK.

Thanks mate

educators

Post by educators » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:41 pm

memoa wrote:I beg your pardon, but in the Tire 1 visa you don't need to show 10 years of legal stay in UK.

Thanks mate
Yes you are right. My reply was given for the long residency application.