ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Job Offer and COS. URGENT !! PLEASE HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sumartra234
Newly Registered

Job Offer and COS. URGENT !! PLEASE HELP

Post by sumartra234 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi, my situation is a bit complicated and i am not sure how to proceed with it. I would really appreciate your help. I am currently on a tier 2 general visa. Following is my case:

I have had a job offer 2 weeks ago which I accepted from company A. Company A issued my a CoS which expires in mid march 2014 and a provisional start date of 1st Feb. Now I just received another offer from company B which is my preferred company. I am looking to reject company A and go for company B.

My problem is that I am concerned since I have already been assigned a CoS, will the company B be able to issue me a CoS ? or will company A have to cancel their CoS before I can be issued a new one from company B.

If company B is applying for a CoS for me, will they be able to know that I have already been assigned a CoS by company A ?

Please I would really appreciate your advice here. Thank you

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:07 pm

you can only have 1 live CoS at any time. Company A would have to withdraw your CoS before Company B can assigns another one to you. Withdrawing a CoS is done online through the SMS.

There is no reason why Company B should know that you had another CoS that was withdrawn (unless you tell them)

Nat333
Newly Registered

Re: Job Offer and COS. URGENT !! PLEASE HELP

Post by Nat333 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:06 am

sumartra234 wrote: I have had a job offer 2 weeks ago which I accepted from company A. Company A issued my a CoS which expires in mid march 2014 and a provisional start date of 1st Feb. Now I just received another offer from company B which is my preferred company. I am looking to reject company A and go for company B.

My problem is that I am concerned since I have already been assigned a CoS, will the company B be able to issue me a CoS ? or will company A have to cancel their CoS before I can be issued a new one from company B.

Hi Sumartra234,

Have you decided what you would like to do?

In my own opinion, it is quite risky to reject the CoS from A as you cannot be sure that B will certainly issue you 1. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. It is your decision though.

I’m impressed you’ve got 2 job offers. Where are the jobs located?

I’ve just finished a masters and I’ve been making 3-6 job applications daily for several months to no avail. I have a strong CV, I’ve used cover letters, I’ve used agencies, I’ve used job boards, etc. But all I’ve been able to get so far has been 1 phone interview.

My visa will expire in a matter of days.

Could you please provide your suggestion on what I can do to improve my chances of getting a job?

I’m an electrical / energy engineer with work experience.

Thanks

sumartra234
Newly Registered

Post by sumartra234 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:19 pm

I have recently changed employer and have made change my visa to my prospective employer A. I have another employer b willing to sponsor me which i prefer.

My question is that can i switch to employer b's sponsorship given i have just obtained my sponsorship visa from employer A ? Will UKBA allow change of jobs within a month ? Would the start date at employer A cause any problem in future when considering ILR ?

My start date is 3rd March with employer A. Employer B's start date is yet to be decided.

vipinradhak
Newly Registered

Post by vipinradhak » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:58 pm

sumartra234 wrote:I have recently changed employer and have made change my visa to my prospective employer A. I have another employer b willing to sponsor me which i prefer.

My question is that can i switch to employer b's sponsorship given i have just obtained my sponsorship visa from employer A ? Will UKBA allow change of jobs within a month ? Would the start date at employer A cause any problem in future when considering ILR ?

My start date is 3rd March with employer A. Employer B's start date is yet to be decided.

I'm in the same situation as yours.My current T2 is just 2 months old and have now got another offer from a company who is willing to provide a COS.I wonder if switching the company COS would have any implications on the Tier2 Extension .