ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

children of spouse of British citizen

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khan2013

children of spouse of British citizen

Post by khan2013 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:27 pm

My wife is from Pakistan.She got two children from her previous marriage.
Should she apply for each of the children(under 18 ) on same VAF4A
or there should be separate application for each child.I am a British citizn.
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 pm

Where is the Father of the children?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:33 am

Thank you so much for your reply.The father of children passed away a year ago in Pakistan.The children depends on my wife as whole.
Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:29 am

A form VAF 4A will need to be completed in respect of each person, so three forms needed. As regards the forms for each of the children, your wife should complete them as if she was that child, the only exception being the fact that she should sign such form with her normal signature.

The biological father's death certificate should be produced when the applications are made, to prove that your wife has Sole Responsibility for the children.

As regards yourself, note that para 6 of the Immigration Rules, basically a long list of definitions, includes :-
"a parent" includes

(a) the stepfather of a child whose father is dead ....
John

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:28 am

Thank you so much for the reply.As you kindly quoted para 6 of immigration rules"a parent includes step father of a child whose father has died".So can i apply for the children on my behalf as"the child of British citizen" or as adopted children.The children and my wife depends on me financially anyways.What could be the better option for me.
Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:04 am

Have you legally adopted the children? If yes, in which country were those Court Orders made?

I suspect that you have not legally adopted them. Accordingly when their Child Settlement visas are granted, they will get the same length of visa as their mother's spouse visa.

By the way, when the children are in the UK, you will find that legal adoption is rather expensive! Instead you might like to think about Step-Parent Parental Responsibility Orders, which are very low cost, and which give you much of the same rights as adoption, while the children are under 18.
John

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:28 am

Yes,i haven't adopted them.So if i do get the court orders from Pakistani court.Will the children be granted indefinite leave to remain being under 18 or the same length as my wife spouse visa.What is Step-Parent Parental Responsibility Order and what could be the potential benefits of this if the children are here in the UK.One question more as the children are under 18,will they still have to go through bio matrics in Pakistan.How will it work out.As you kindly mentioned in you reply separate VAF4A form will have to be submitted for each child,as this is mandatory in Pakistan to apply and pay online from December 16th 2013.Should the fee be paid for all applications on her form or else separate fee for each application.I believe that there is no English language for under 18.
Regards

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:38 pm

If you look at this webpage you will see that :-
The UK does not recognise the effects of an adoption order made in Pakistan .......
-: and thus Pakistani adoptions would simply be ignored when considering the visa applications.
John

khan2013

Post by khan2013 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:02 pm

As the are under 18,will they still have to go through bio matrics in Pakistan.How will it work out.As you kindly mentioned in you reply separate VAF4A form will have to be submitted for each child,as this is mandatory in Pakistan to apply and pay online from December 16th 2013.Should the fee be paid for all applications on her form or else separate fee for each application.I believe that there is no English language for under 18.
Regards