ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ale001

Post by ale001 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:29 pm

rina wrote:
ale001 wrote:Does the UKBA send application outcome status to applicant by email? Anyone ever experience it?
@Ale stop driving yourself crazy. They have dispatched it and you should have it by mid next week. Just relax and wait no one is going to deliver anything by email as am sure that is what the letter said that you posted earlier on here.
I can imagine how you are feeling but am sure they have posted this time.
Thank you Rina, who even knows if this will take another 100 years to be delivered again :(
Ale001

naba

Post by naba » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:00 pm

I understand we all are concerned about our cases but why should we miss out the festive season! Have a great Christmas everyone!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:36 pm

naba wrote:I understand we all are concerned about our cases but why should we miss out the festive season! Have a great Christmas everyone!!
Well as depressing as the festive season is for some of us, I guess you are right merry Xmas y'all. I am toasting myself today (13-13-13). 13 months since I submitted my application, 13 years since I arrived in the country in the year 2013. I guess we take a holiday from the struggle and resume jan 17.

Congrats to those who have been successful, to us waiting, there is still hope and to those appealing (we won't quit till they quit and grant us all).

@nilemarques hope you are doing good? My love to your beautiful kids I am sure they're anxiously looking up the chimney by now lol.

@Verbina, believe2013, Godgives, shondra shorma, crystalnewbie, summer 2013, Rina, aleoo1, Keisha, God's Authority, call me dude, Hatchsead, Ma Logo, and if I have missed your name believe me it was not intentional most importantly God does. We met under the same circumstance and by God's grace we will rejoice under these same circumstance in 2014. It's been a turbulent 2013 with tears, stress, hopes, faith but those tears will be replace with tears of joy in Jesus Name. I just want to say thank you guys for the prayers and words of encouragement. For this forum has been a family indeed.we fell out and made up as this shows home office is just a building but God is and has always been in the driver seat.

Right enough of the thanksgiving speech out looking for the turkey to take that fall on Xmas. Love you guys and see you on the otherside 2014. Merry Xmas and a wonderful new year.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:41 pm

Urrrm just another one of my silly posts on the turkey subject:

Talking Turkeys!

Be nice to yu turkeys dis christmas
Cos' turkeys just wanna hav fun
Turkeys are cool, turkeys are wicked
An every turkey has a Mum.
Be nice to yu turkeys dis christmas,
Don't eat it, keep it alive,
It could be yu mate, an not on your plate
Say, Yo! Turkey I'm on your side.
I got lots of friends who are turkeys
An all of dem fear christmas time,
Dey wanna enjoy it, dey say humans destroyed it
An humans are out of dere mind,
Yeah, I got lots of friends who are turkeys
Dey all hav a right to a life,
Not to be caged up an genetically made up
By any farmer an his wife.

Turkeys just wanna play reggae
Turkeys just wanna hip-hop
Can yu imagine a nice young turkey saying,
ÒI cannot wait for de chop,
Turkeys like getting presents, dey wanna watch christmas TV,
Turkeys hav brains an turkeys feel pain
In many ways like yu an me.

I once knew a turkey called........ Turkey
He said "Benji explain to me please,
Who put de turkey in christmas
An what happens to christmas trees?",
I said "I am not too sure turkey
But itÕs nothing to do wid Christ Mass
Humans get greedy an waste more dan need be
An business men mek loadsa cash'.

Be nice to yu turkey dis christmas
Invite dem indoors fe sum greens
Let dem eat cake an let dem partake
In a plate of organic grown beans,
An spare dem de cut of de knife,
Join Turkeys United an dey'll be delighted
An yu will mek new friends 'FOR LIFE'.

Benjamin Zephaniah
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:52 pm

verbina wrote:Urrrm just another one of my silly posts on the turkey subject:

Talking Turkeys!

Be nice to yu turkeys dis christmas
Cos' turkeys just wanna hav fun
Turkeys are cool, turkeys are wicked
An every turkey has a Mum.
Be nice to yu turkeys dis christmas,
Don't eat it, keep it alive,
It could be yu mate, an not on your plate
Say, Yo! Turkey I'm on your side.
I got lots of friends who are turkeys
An all of dem fear christmas time,
Dey wanna enjoy it, dey say humans destroyed it
An humans are out of dere mind,
Yeah, I got lots of friends who are turkeys
Dey all hav a right to a life,
Not to be caged up an genetically made up
By any farmer an his wife.

Turkeys just wanna play reggae
Turkeys just wanna hip-hop
Can yu imagine a nice young turkey saying,
ÒI cannot wait for de chop,
Turkeys like getting presents, dey wanna watch christmas TV,
Turkeys hav brains an turkeys feel pain
In many ways like yu an me.

I once knew a turkey called........ Turkey
He said "Benji explain to me please,
Who put de turkey in christmas
An what happens to christmas trees?",
I said "I am not too sure turkey
But itÕs nothing to do wid Christ Mass
Humans get greedy an waste more dan need be
An business men mek loadsa cash'.

Invite dem indoors fe sum greens
Let dem eat cake an let dem partake
In a plate of organic grown beans,
An spare dem de cut of de knife,
Join Turkeys United an dey'll be delighted
An yu will mek new friends 'FOR LIFE'.

Benjamin Zephaniah

Sounds like a vegetarian prayer at a dinner table. 😜 turkey is guilty until proven innocent. Lol

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:56 pm

@dapsonlee yeah I know, still an epic pre-Christmas poem though!! :P

One cant have their turkey and eat it 8)

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:00 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
naba wrote:I understand we all are concerned about our cases but why should we miss out the festive season! Have a great Christmas everyone!!
Well as depressing as the festive season is for some of us, I guess you are right merry Xmas y'all. I am toasting myself today (13-13-13). 13 months since I submitted my application, 13 years since I arrived in the country in the year 2013. I guess we take a holiday from the struggle and resume jan 17.

Congrats to those who have been successful, to us waiting, there is still hope and to those appealing (we won't quit till they quit and grant us all).

@nilemarques hope you are doing good? My love to your beautiful kids I am sure they're anxiously looking up the chimney by now lol.

@Verbina, believe2013, Godgives, shondra shorma, crystalnewbie, summer 2013, Rina, aleoo1, Keisha, God's Authority, call me dude, Hatchsead, Ma Logo, and if I have missed your name believe me it was not intentional most importantly God does. We met under the same circumstance and by God's grace we will rejoice under these same circumstance in 2014. It's been a turbulent 2013 with tears, stress, hopes, faith but those tears will be replace with tears of joy in Jesus Name. I just want to say thank you guys for the prayers and words of encouragement. For this forum has been a family indeed.we fell out and made up as this shows home office is just a building but God is and has always been in the driver seat.

Right enough of the thanksgiving speech out looking for the turkey to take that fall on Xmas. Love you guys and see you on the otherside 2014. Merry Xmas and a wonderful new year.[/quote

@Naba you got a good point there.
@dapsonlee You could run for Prime minister hahaha.. What a speech am sold and agree with you. Why 17th?
@verbina hun please I dont want to dream about turkeys now hahahaha

But on a serious note for me its 2012 and now 2013 being the worst years in life and I truly hope and pray it is the last of it.
I pray 2014 will be the year we all find peace with this thing.

Merry xmas 2nd family!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:05 pm

verbina wrote:@dapsonlee yeah I know, still an epic pre-Christmas poem though!! :P

I can see what you did with that quote right there! Smart move Verbz lol

Sigh!!! very random you are trust me lol! We started from chicken with teeth now we turkey'd it here.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:07 pm

Oi!!! People!! Its a bit early for Christmas NYE wishes!! Dont tell me we re all signing off until jan??

I ll miss you all too much, besides post still gets delivered between now and NYE... so there may be news for some of us....

@Rina, yep 2013 was the worst year of my life 2014 is ours!!!!
8)

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:09 pm

verbina wrote:Oi!!! People!! Its a bit early for Christmas NYE wishes!! Dont tell me we re all signing off until jan??

I ll miss you all too much, besides post still gets delivered between now and NYE... so there may be news for some of us....

8)
Am not signing off as will be here so you are not alone dear and yes you could have some news in between. :D

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:09 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:@dapsonlee yeah I know, still an epic pre-Christmas poem though!! :P

I can see what you did with that quote right there! Smart move Verbz lol

Sigh!!! very random you are trust me lol! We started from chicken with teeth now we turkey'd it here.

Urrrm yeah .... random doesnt even begin to cover it 8)

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:10 pm

rina wrote:
verbina wrote:Oi!!! People!! Its a bit early for Christmas NYE wishes!! Dont tell me we re all signing off until jan??

8)
Am not signing off as will be here so you are not alone dear and yes you could have some news in between. :D

Pheww good girl princess!! :P :P :P

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:10 pm

8)

Sorry Rina I meant 7th

@verbz yer posts still get delivered but these home office guys are on holiday right till after the new year. I might be wrong and I think for most of us who used lawyers, they are on holiday till then.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:14 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

8)

Sorry Rina I meant 7th

@verbz yer posts still get delivered but these home office guys are on holiday right till after the new year. I might be wrong and I think for most of us who used lawyers, they are on holiday till then.
Sh*t! You re right! I didnt think of that!! One of my blonde moments :oops:

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:30 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Right enough of the thanksgiving speech out looking for the turkey to take that fall on Xmas. Love you guys and see you on the otherside 2014. Merry Xmas and a wonderful new year.
Obama would be proud of that speech dapsonlee-

A bit early to wish you all a merry xmas as i intend to touch base before again

I hope the turkeys in the Home Office have a good xmas and they should take a hard look at themselves in the mirror and feel proud! 2013 may have not been a vintage year for most of us but lets not look back in anger and have renewed strength to fight in 2014
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:35 pm

@tinapalak check your inbox plz.

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Everybody waiting for decision before the end of this year 2013 and early next year 2014, you will all be granted. God will come to our aid and approve our applications.
Ale001

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:27 am

@tinapalak please check inbox again.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:32 am

@tinapalak please check inbox again.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:19 am

dapsonlee wrote:

Thanks dapsonlee for that speech, once your papers are sorted, we need to start grooming you for a seat in government :-)

I received refusal decision for the 3 applications; My application refused because i hadn't spent 20 years in the UK under private life :-), My eldest daughter refused because HO were not convinced she has been in the UK for 7 years despite the fact that all documentation to cover her residency including the very passport showing the entry stamp on her visa when she first arrived in this country.

Anyways, we were well prepared and as soon as we got the decision, we filled in the PAP and will submit the JR in the first week for the new year.
I was privileged to know that the instruction from nasty May is that all application for 7 year rule/ private family life except evidence of 20 years should be refused outright.

They don't want to be seen as issuing visas, they will rather prefer the courts to decide so that they can blame the judiciary for the rise in immigrants who have settled, a bit cheeky won't you say.

To everyone in the house, i wish you all a happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year that will opens doors of breakthroughs and impossibilities made possible!

"A luta continua, vitória é certa" meaning, "The struggle continues, victory is certain"

It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:52 am

@hatshed sorry for your refusal. They refused everyone under this rule how we going to fight. They trying to kick our family only god can help us.

naba

Post by naba » Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:16 pm

hatchsead wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Thanks dapsonlee for that speech, once your papers are sorted, we need to start grooming you for a seat in government :-)

I received refusal decision for the 3 applications; My application refused because i hadn't spent 20 years in the UK under private life :-), My eldest daughter refused because HO were not convinced she has been in the UK for 7 years despite the fact that all documentation to cover her residency including the very passport showing the entry stamp on her visa when she first arrived in this country.

Anyways, we were well prepared and as soon as we got the decision, we filled in the PAP and will submit the JR in the first week for the new year.
I was privileged to know that the instruction from nasty May is that all application for 7 year rule/ private family life except evidence of 20 years should be refused outright.

They don't want to be seen as issuing visas, they will rather prefer the courts to decide so that they can blame the judiciary for the rise in immigrants who have settled, a bit cheeky won't you say.

To everyone in the house, i wish you all a happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year that will opens doors of breakthroughs and impossibilities made possible!

"A luta continua, vitória é certa" meaning, "The struggle continues, victory is certain"

It is well!
hatchsead hun, so sorry to hear the news. We all are in same boat. It makes me more worried about my hearing decision which will be in the early 2014. I already missed the deadline for the JR. Oh gosh, can't think more. But I know you are such an experienced person and hope everything should be fine with you. God bless!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:26 pm

Hi everybody!!! Had disappeared for a while sorting one or two things out ( I'm sure you know the deal.)
@ Hatchsead. Sorry to hear of your refusal. Keep your chin up. We're with you all the way. It is well! Don't let that dishearten you. Try to give your kids and family as good a Christmas as you can under the circumstances. Dispute the trials and tribulations we are facing, we will pull through.
@Dapsonlee! Thanks very much my dear! You too have a splendid Crimbo and don't let those amoebas spoil it.

@ Verbz. As usual, you always crack me up. Good poem there by Benjamin Zephaniah! I actually read quite a lot of his work and I always follow his debates whenever he's on telly. Hope Ms May's turkey comes back to life on her dinner table!! *Gobble* Gobble* lol!!

@Everybody else, remember God loves you! Have a great Christmas!

Seneca

Post by Seneca » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:44 pm

Sorry hatchsead, hope you will come through in Judiciary review process.

It is important to note that they don't refuse everyone but they refuse majority of applicants. So we can give some hope to people who are waiting and people who have appeal the refusal decision.

In the last three months these are people who have been granted Bishop007, Tinapalak, yahwadud, hatsuku, trendy201, Maud32, tier2013, Monique30, Don2004, hanenyo, progeny5kay, sweetipie, Fayvritt, Rammie20, DivineSpeed, Muffin007, Righteous and yummymummy3j. Their circumstances are to most part similar to those who have been refused. So, that suggest luck and mood of caseworker play important part.

I reckon most refusal will be overturned on appeal process. And those who apply for the first time the rate of grants / refusal is running in the ratio of 1/3 to 2/5. Just my opinion based on what i have observed here on this forum. I might be totally wrong.

But the point is to not to give up, keep on keeping on until get result.

Goodluck everyone, wishing you merry xmas and successful new year where everyone will get result hoped for. Blessing to everyone.

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:27 pm

@hatchsead so sorry for your refusal , they just making diffrent excusing to refuse people under 7 years rule , they just grant me 3 and half months visa because i was pregnant , they didn't consider children's best interest .so lets hope everyone who refused under 7 year will be granted in the court.