ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Lang Requirement-Dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kans75

English Lang Requirement-Dependent

Post by kans75 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:49 am

Hi
I am planning to apply for ILR around Mar '14 and like to clarify the english lang assessment for dependents.It might be answered earlier but I presume situation varies.

My wife has done her MBA in india.All her marksheets are in english but the masters certificate is in hindi-vikram university.This uni does appear in PBS calculator.We are unable to obtain the uni letter to confirm, it was taught in english.I intend to keep the print out of pbs summary along with her application.

Does pbs summary suffice the ELA requirement as it includesthe uni she studied?.she has already passed the LIUK test.

Awaiting your valuable replies.

Advance thanks.

regds
kans

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:18 am

If the required points are awarded that should suffice B1 in addition to LIUK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kans75

Post by kans75 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:52 am

Amber_ wrote:If the required points are awarded that should suffice B1 in addition to LIUK.
Amber,
Thanks for the response. If I submit only pbs summary sheet as an evidence for ELA, will ukba accept it? One would presume that the uni listed in pbs calc are evaluated and approved by ukba for ELA.

Or

should I need to get Naric statement?

regds
kans

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:59 am

Yes along with the degree certificate. Although, an ELA shouldn't be required if the degree is awarded 10 points for English Skills.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

kans75

Post by kans75 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:15 am

Amber_ wrote:Yes along with the degree certificate. Although, an ELA shouldn't be required if the degree is awarded 10 points for English Skills.
My concern is that the degree certificate is not in english and how can ukba recognise the certificate and language.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:45 am

Certified translation?

kans75

Post by kans75 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:15 pm

Amber_ wrote:Certified translation?
There is no mention in guidance notes of who can certify the certificate?. Are you aware of any?.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:21 pm

No, it may be easier to get a NARIC statement of comparability and ELA.

kans75

Post by kans75 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:46 pm

Amber_ wrote:No, it may be easier to get a NARIC statement of comparability and ELA.
I am aware of NARIC SOC but it comes at a cost. I wanted to save some money as the reqd docs are available but it's just lack of clear instructions that confuse people and thought, if anyone is in similar situation can share their experience.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:49 pm

I mean does the degree certificate not have any English on it?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:56 pm

I have done my BSc from Vikram uni.They gave me degree certificate in Hindi but I did asked them to give me English version of degree which they gave me(with in 15 days I guess).

So just apply for English version.

Param

kans75

Post by kans75 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:20 pm

params0073 wrote:I have done my BSc from Vikram uni.They gave me degree certificate in Hindi but I did asked them to give me English version of degree which they gave me(with in 15 days I guess).

So just apply for English version.

Param
Thanks Params. It has been over 14yrs since my wife completed her degree.
Is info@vikramuniv.net the correct email id to ask for english version or do we need to visit them in person?

Regds
kans

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:30 am

Nope they won't reply over email.You need to visit in person and fill out the necessary application (and fee) for English version of degree.

Param

amir1105
Newly Registered

Re: English Lang Requirement-Dependent

Post by amir1105 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi Kans, Please can you let me know how did you manage on this issue?
my wife has a similar situation, her Masters degree certificate is in Hindi and university won't provide a certificate in English.. PBS calculator awards 10 points for English language but not sure how to manage the certificate language issue...
many thanks in advance for your reply.

thanks,

Amir