ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

God's Authority

Dear Hatchshead

Post by God's Authority » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:44 pm

Am truly sorry about the unpleasant news dear. You have been such a strong pillar of support on this forum and I am just so at a loss of words. Please do not let it weigh you down especially during this period. Am trusting God to come true for you because like other senior members here you have been very helpful and supportive. Just believe that it will end well. God bless.

Keisha, dapsonlee, verbina,naba,believe,seneca,shondra sharma,Ale,Rina and am truly sorry if I missed anyone else out. I wish you all a blissful Christmas and I pray that no matter what you are going through or how you feel, you'd always have a reason to smile.
Best wishes and God's speed for 2014.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:38 pm

Seneca wrote:Sorry hatchsead, hope you will come through in Judiciary review process.

It is important to note that they don't refuse everyone but they refuse majority of applicants. So we can give some hope to people who are waiting and people who have appeal the refusal decision.

In the last three months these are people who have been granted Bishop007, Tinapalak, yahwadud, hatsuku, trendy201, Maud32, tier2013, Monique30, Don2004, hanenyo, progeny5kay, sweetipie, Fayvritt, Rammie20, DivineSpeed, Muffin007, Righteous and yummymummy3j. Their circumstances are to most part similar to those who have been refused. So, that suggest luck and mood of caseworker play important part.

I reckon most refusal will be overturned on appeal process. And those who apply for the first time the rate of grants / refusal is running in the ratio of 1/3 to 2/5. Just my opinion based on what i have observed here on this forum. I might be totally wrong.

But the point is to not to give up, keep on keeping on until get result.

Goodluck everyone, wishing you merry xmas and successful new year where everyone will get result hoped for. Blessing to everyone.
I am not talking about people with British partners or partners who have settled but those who have overstayed.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

hatchsead

Re: Dear Hatchshead

Post by hatchsead » Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:52 pm

God's Authority wrote:Am truly sorry about the unpleasant news dear. You have been such a strong pillar of support on this forum and I am just so at a loss of words. Please do not let it weigh you down especially during this period. Am trusting God to come true for you because like other senior members here you have been very helpful and supportive. Just believe that it will end well. God bless.

Keisha, dapsonlee, verbina,naba,believe,seneca,shondra sharma,Ale,Rina and am truly sorry if I missed anyone else out. I wish you all a blissful Christmas and I pray that no matter what you are going through or how you feel, you'd always have a reason to smile.
I am not bothered to be honest, I know its going to be a walk over in JR. The childrens best interest is still considered in court depending on how the Barrister presents the case.

For instance, i know a case my barrister has taken to court now which involves a family on the 30 months visa. The barrister is fighting to have the childrens visa changed from 30 months to ILR and possibly given citizenship.

Let me share with you the theory the barrister is working on and if he wins, it will lay some sort of precedence. The child was born in the UK and now in year 9 in which the child went on a school trip to France with her class mates, on arrival at the airport she had to pass through "others route" unlike her colleagues who passed through EU route.

This made some of her colleagues to start making fun of her and seeing her as less than them which caused the child a lot of Psychological blow currently she is suffering from depression.

I will wait and see what the result will be eventually.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:16 pm

hatchsead wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
naba wrote:I understand we all are concerned about our cases but why should we miss out the festive season! Have a great Christmas everyone!!
Well as depressing as the festive season is for some of us, I guess you are right merry Xmas y'all. I am toasting myself today (13-13-13). 13 months since I submitted my application, 13 years since I arrived in the country in the year 2013. I guess we take a holiday from the struggle and resume jan 17.

Congrats to those who have been successful, to us waiting, there is still hope and to those appealing (we won't quit till they quit and grant us all).

@nilemarques hope you are doing good? My love to your beautiful kids I am sure they're anxiously looking up the chimney by now lol.

@Verbina, believe2013, Godgives, shondra shorma, crystalnewbie, summer 2013, Rina, aleoo1, Keisha, God's Authority, call me dude, Hatchsead, Ma Logo, and if I have missed your name believe me it was not intentional most importantly God does. We met under the same circumstance and by God's grace we will rejoice under these same circumstance in 2014. It's been a turbulent 2013 with tears, stress, hopes, faith but those tears will be replace with tears of joy in Jesus Name. I just want to say thank you guys for the prayers and words of encouragement. For this forum has been a family indeed.we fell out and made up as this shows home office is just a building but God is and has always been in the driver seat.

Right enough of the thanksgiving speech out looking for the turkey to take that fall on Xmas. Love you guys and see you on the otherside 2014. Merry Xmas and a wonderful new year.
Thanks dapsonlee for that speech, once your papers are sorted, we need to start grooming you for a seat in government :-)

I received refusal decision for the 3 applications; My application refused because i hadn't spent 20 years in the UK under private life :-), My eldest daughter refused because HO were not convinced she has been in the UK for 7 years despite the fact that all documentation to cover her residency including the very passport showing the entry stamp on her visa when she first arrived in this country.

Anyways, we were well prepared and as soon as we got the decision, we filled in the PAP and will submit the JR in the first week for the new year.
I was privileged to know that the instruction from nasty May is that all application for 7 year rule/ private family life except evidence of 20 years should be refused outright.

They don't want to be seen as issuing visas, they will rather prefer the courts to decide so that they can blame the judiciary for the rise in immigrants who have settled, a bit cheeky won't you say.

To everyone in the house, i wish you all a happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year that will opens doors of breakthroughs and impossibilities made possible!

"A luta continua, vitória é certa" meaning, "The struggle continues, victory is certain"

It is well!

hatchsead- I am so sorry about the refusal. I have been waiting patiently for your decision but so sad it was refused. if it was granted it will have open door for how to go round the so called 7 years rule. I remembered that the application was prepared meticulously with all relevance case law and good article 8 engagement.
I fully understand your point when you said"I was privileged to know that the instruction from nasty May is that all application for 7 year rule/ private family life except evidence of 20 years should be refused outright."
We now have so many applications going for JR which is taken minimum of 6months and the good result is not guarantee.
My summation is that God will see us through.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Kukuwife
Member of Standing

Post by Kukuwife » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:25 pm

hatchsead wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
naba wrote:I understand we all are concerned about our cases but why should we miss out the festive season! Have a great Christmas everyone!!
Well as depressing as the festive season is for some of us, I guess you are right merry Xmas y'all. I am toasting myself today (13-13-13). 13 months since I submitted my application, 13 years since I arrived in the country in the year 2013. I guess we take a holiday from the struggle and resume jan 17.

Congrats to those who have been successful, to us waiting, there is still hope and to those appealing (we won't quit till they quit and grant us all).

@nilemarques hope you are doing good? My love to your beautiful kids I am sure they're anxiously looking up the chimney by now lol.

@Verbina, believe2013, Godgives, shondra shorma, crystalnewbie, summer 2013, Rina, aleoo1, Keisha, God's Authority, call me dude, Hatchsead, Ma Logo, and if I have missed your name believe me it was not intentional most importantly God does. We met under the same circumstance and by God's grace we will rejoice under these same circumstance in 2014. It's been a turbulent 2013 with tears, stress, hopes, faith but those tears will be replace with tears of joy in Jesus Name. I just want to say thank you guys for the prayers and words of encouragement. For this forum has been a family indeed.we fell out and made up as this shows home office is just a building but God is and has always been in the driver seat.

Right enough of the thanksgiving speech out looking for the turkey to take that fall on Xmas. Love you guys and see you on the otherside 2014. Merry Xmas and a wonderful new year.
Thanks dapsonlee for that speech, once your papers are sorted, we need to start grooming you for a seat in government :-)

I received refusal decision for the 3 applications; My application refused because i hadn't spent 20 years in the UK under private life :-), My eldest daughter refused because HO were not convinced she has been in the UK for 7 years despite the fact that all documentation to cover her residency including the very passport showing the entry stamp on her visa when she first arrived in this country.

Anyways, we were well prepared and as soon as we got the decision, we filled in the PAP and will submit the JR in the first week for the new year.
I was privileged to know that the instruction from nasty May is that all application for 7 year rule/ private family life except evidence of 20 years should be refused outright.

They don't want to be seen as issuing visas, they will rather prefer the courts to decide so that they can blame the judiciary for the rise in immigrants who have settled, a bit cheeky won't you say.

To everyone in the house, i wish you all a happy Christmas and a hopeful New Year that will opens doors of breakthroughs and impossibilities made possible!

"A luta continua, vitória é certa" meaning, "The struggle continues, victory is certain"

It is well!

hatchsead- I am so sorry about the refusal. I have been waiting patiently for your decision but so sad it was refused. if it was granted it will have open door for how to go round the so called 7 years rule. I remembered that the application was prepared meticulously with all relevance case law and good article 8 engagement.
I fully understand your point when you said"I was privileged to know that the instruction from nasty May is that all application for 7 year rule/ private family life except evidence of 20 years should be refused outright."
We now have so many applications going for JR which is taken minimum of 6months and the good result is not guarantee.
My summation is that God will see us through.
Your expectation will manifest very soon

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:58 pm

@tinapalak please check inox.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

help

Post by rina » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:45 am

Sorry @Hatchsead on your refusal and keep soldiering on like the rest of us.

Guys how have you dealt with the deadline date that you were given to contact your local enforcement?
I don't know what to do so please tell me how you have handled it.

sedor21
United Kingdom

Re: help

Post by sedor21 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:27 am

rina wrote:Sorry @Hatchsead on your refusal and keep soldiering on like the rest of us.

Guys how have you dealt with the deadline date that you were given to contact your local enforcement?
The same letter was send to my partner and our lawyer called them and tell that we have put another application in.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:31 am

sedor21 wrote:
rina wrote:Sorry @Hatchsead on your refusal and keep soldiering on like the rest of us.

The same letter was send to my partner and our lawyer called them and tell that we have put another application in.
I haven't yet applied for JR is that a problem? Should I just call and tell them that I am going to apply for JR or not bother as I do not have it finalised?

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:52 pm

hatchsead wrote:
God's Authority wrote:Am truly sorry about the unpleasant news dear. You have been such a strong pillar of support on this forum and I am just so at a loss of words. Please do not let it weigh you down especially during this period. Am trusting God to come true for you because like other senior members here you have been very helpful and supportive. Just believe that it will end well. God bless.

I am not bothered to be honest, I know its going to be a walk over in JR. The childrens best interest is still considered in court depending on how the Barrister presents the case.

For instance, i know a case my barrister has taken to court now which involves a family on the 30 months visa. The barrister is fighting to have the childrens visa changed from 30 months to ILR and possibly given citizenship.

Let me share with you the theory the barrister is working on and if he wins, it will lay some sort of precedence. The child was born in the UK and now in year 9 in which the child went on a school trip to France with her class mates, on arrival at the airport she had to pass through "others route" unlike her colleagues who passed through EU route.

This made some of her colleagues to start making fun of her and seeing her as less than them which caused the child a lot of Psychological blow currently she is suffering from depression.

Oh wow! It would be interesting to know how this particular case would end as it would set a massively positive precedence for subsequent application with similar circumstances such as that in this case. Please kindly let us know what the outcome is and I honestly hope your barrister wins the case.
Looks like you have got a good barrister who knows his onions so well so just relax and let every thing sort itself out and please make sure you enjoy you holidays. God bless you abundantly.

east579new

Post by east579new » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:54 pm

Rina are you planing on leaving? or is it your intention to stay and fight and put in another application?, why contact them if you have NO intention of leaving they are only going to try and frighten you and scare you on the phone etc(is it really worth all the worry it will cause you?) ignore it and carry on with your fight.

Certainly don’t expect them at your door any time soon, you are more lightly to end up hearing from those scum bag bounty hunters CAPITA.

All just MY OPINION of course.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:00 pm

east579new wrote:

Rina are you planing on leaving? or is it your intention to stay and fight and put in another application?, why contact them if you have NO intention of leaving they are only going to try and frighten you and scare you on the phone etc(is it really worth all the worry it will cause you?) ignore it and carry on with your fight.

Certainly don’t expect them at your door any time soon, you are more lightly to end up hearing from those scum bag bounty hunters CAPITA.

All just MY OPINION of course.

NO am not planning on leaving but thought that I have to contact them as they said.
I feel a bit better after hearing that as I had this vision someone knocking on my door after xmas.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:16 pm

@rina just tell them I am going in a appeal process.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:22 pm

Bounty hunters CAPITA sent me a letter leave uk as soon as possible. How comes my 10 yers old child who born and brought up here leave uk?

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:31 pm

@rina just tell them I am going in a appeal process.

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosperous 2014 to each and everyone of you. May God bless you all and let's keep our heads up. Going to sign on tomorrow, l only have a break next week :(

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:12 pm

hatchsead wrote:

@hatchsead Im sorry to hear about your refusal, but as you say its something you already anticipated, so you already prepared yourself for fighting your case further.
Sounds you and your barrister have got it all under control and I hope you wont have too long of wait for JR.

@nilemarques haha yep, Benjamin Zephania rules!! Hope you and the family are well

@ma logo I just realised I have to go sign on tomorrow, do you reckon we still have to even Christmas Eve? I think Im just gonna call them in the morning tell them I cant come, what cam they say to that...

Hope everyone is doing cool and staying grounded despite them hurricanes! Guess we re definitely not having a white Christmas this year...:( on my way back from London and its an absolute mayhem with trains and on the roads grrr ghastly weather
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

Ma logo
Newly Registered

Post by Ma logo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:15 pm

@ma logo I just realised I have to go sign on tomorrow, do you reckon we still have to even Christmas Eve? I think Im just gonna call them in the morning tell them I cant come, what cam they say to that...

Hello Verbina, as l was signing on last week, the guy said to me, see u next year. As l was leaving the building l saw a notice saying they r open tomorrow. I don't want them to have anything against me,so I will jst go. It's upto u bt I wud say u r better off signing on. Merry Christmas.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:07 pm

Ma logo wrote:@ma logo I just realised I have to go sign on tomorrow, do you reckon we still have to even Christmas Eve? I think Im just gonna call them in the morning tell them I cant come, what cam they say to that...

Hello Verbina, as l was signing on last week, the guy said to me, see u next year. As l was leaving the building l saw a notice saying they r open tomorrow. I don't want them to have anything against me,so I will jst go. It's upto u bt I wud say u r better off signing on. Merry Christmas.

Oh thanks, its just that I sign on every fortnight I forgot to ask about tomorrow, but you re right its probably best to go tomo. Merry Christmas!

k_alibaba

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:23 am

Hi Dear friends
Hope you're well
Got update in my app. Got biometrics enrolment letter n done it today for DLR extension Application for my wife & daughter.
Here is my time line

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/12/2013
Date Received Ack. Letter : dated 18/12/13
Date received. 23/12/2013
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 07/01/2014
Date Biometrics Done at PO : 08/01/2014
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: waiting
Date Biometrics received : waiting

Good luck all for your applications.
Last edited by k_alibaba on Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:05 am

Urrrrm yeah so I went to sign on and the bloody station is shut ! So I phoned up their head office in Portsmouth and they are like - oh we re so sorry we were meant to send you guys letters 2 weeks ago that you dont need to report until 7 Jan but we totally forgot...
Epic!! :lol:

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:09 am

k_alibaba wrote:
k_alibaba wrote:Hi All.
I received the acknowledgment of DLR extension Application for my wife & daughter.
Here is my time line

Date Applied/Docs sent: 16/12/2013
Date Received Ack. Letter : dated 18/12/13 received. 23/12/2013
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: waiting
Date Biometrics Done at PO : waiting
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: waiting
Date Biometrics received : waiting

I'm sure it not gonna be long wait as it took 1 year 5 months in first application made in June 2009 n DLR granted in December 2010 in appeal. Also didn't use solicitor this time.
Good luck all for your applications.
K_alibaba nowdays processing times are much quicker so fingers crossed you ll get your extension soon! Happy X-mas!!!

k_alibaba

Post by k_alibaba » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:59 am

@verbina.. thanks and happy x-mas to you
its for my wife and daughter and myself luckily free from the 'thing' called Home Office :D

ale001

Post by ale001 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:07 pm

My application is refused. reason is: i've not spend 20 yrs in UK. ?

I can appeal but i cant appeal while in UK.

They said i will be fine in my home country.

What should i do now since they said i cant appeal in UK?
Ale001

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:19 pm

nilemarques wrote:Hi everybody!!! Had disappeared for a while sorting one or two things out ( I'm sure you know the deal.)
@ Hatchsead. Sorry to hear of your refusal. Keep your chin up. We're with you all the way. It is well! Don't let that dishearten you. Try to give your kids and family as good a Christmas as you can under the circumstances. Dispute the trials and tribulations we are facing, we will pull through.
@Dapsonlee! Thanks very much my dear! You too have a splendid Crimbo and don't let those amoebas spoil it.

@ Verbz. As usual, you always crack me up. Good poem there by Benjamin Zephaniah! I actually read quite a lot of his work and I always follow his debates whenever he's on telly. Hope Ms May's turkey comes back to life on her dinner table!! *Gobble* Gobble* lol!!

@Everybody else, remember God loves you! Have a great Christmas!

Hatchsead, so sorry to hear about your refusal, not again at a time like this. But I am very delighted to hear that you taking them to the battle field and I pray that The Lord should go before you and make straight the road for you and a favourable Judge will be on seat to hear your case out.

Well I am praying for Theresa May as she celebrates this Xmas, I hope she spares 5 mins praying for the families she has torn apart, kids she left without parents, wives without their families, husbands without their families all for the sake of political points. I pray more linency in 2014. God is in control.