ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which type of visitor visa I should choose

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arihan

which type of visitor visa I should choose

Post by arihan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:46 pm

Hi there

Me and my wife both are in uk in ILR visa status.

Now I want to bring my wife's mother for 3 months to uk. I am going to sponsor everything for her domestic, international travel and accommodation etc.

Now while I am filling the form in https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Applicat ... BehalfOf=Y for visa appointment , what I should choose

1. Visit -> General Visit -> 6 months
2. Visit -> Family visit -> 6 months

Please let me know quickly.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Re: which type of visitor visa I should choose

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:48 pm

family visitor as I applied for my mother on this form 2 years ago.

arihan wrote:Hi there

Me and my wife both are in uk in ILR visa status.

Now I want to bring my wife's mother for 3 months to uk. I am going to sponsor everything for her domestic, international travel and accommodation etc.

Now while I am filling the form in https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/Applicat ... BehalfOf=Y for visa appointment , what I should choose

1. Visit -> General Visit -> 6 months
2. Visit -> Family visit -> 6 months

Please let me know quickly.
ss

arihan

Post by arihan » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:52 pm

Actually she is my wife's mother.
And I am only spososoring. ( Not my wife)
I think on that case it would be considered as general visitor.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:16 pm

If you are sponsoring it means you are related somewhere and it's fall under family category .i always use family visitor form for my brother mom and even my inlaws .

arihan wrote:Actually she is my wife's mother.
And I am only spososoring. ( Not my wife)
I think on that case it would be considered as general visitor.
ss

agh
Newly Registered

Post by agh » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 pm

Hi Experts,

I'm on tier-1 visa and I want to bring my in-laws. The UKBA site is confusing. It states that my in-laws need to apply as a general visitor if I'm not permanently settled in UK. However, in general visitor section, it states that we need to apply as general visitor if we are going for tourism or to visit friends and that, In order to visit family, we need to apply as family visitor.

Could you please clarify?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:22 pm

agh wrote:Hi Experts,

I'm on tier-1 visa and I want to bring my in-laws. The UKBA site is confusing. It states that my in-laws need to apply as a general visitor if I'm not permanently settled in UK. However, in general visitor section, it states that we need to apply as general visitor if we are going for tourism or to visit friends and that, In order to visit family, we need to apply as family visitor.

Could you please clarify?
It is a general visitor visa as you are on Tier 1. This is regardless of the purpose of the visit.

Family visitor visa is only if you are on ILR or a British Citizen
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.