ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR- For Rejected Applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ct100
Newly Registered

ILR- For Rejected Applications

Post by ct100 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:25 pm

Hi

I was Refused my Dependent VISA(partner UK passport holder) in 2011 and then appealed and was granted VISA in Jan 2012 up to 23rd march 2014 ..

I came to UK in Jan 2012 , am I eligible to apply for PR in Jan 2014 when I Complete my 2 years term (never left UK mean while) ? Or do I need to wait until 23rd March 2014 ?

I am planning to apply through same day VISA , I know the fee is not refundable if Rejected , so was bit worried whether my Past Appeal has any impact in my new application as well ?

Thanks in advance, help is much appreciated .

Bobby

Jozy
Newly Registered

Same category

Post by Jozy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 pm

I am in almost the same situation with you. I have a conviction from january 2011 as i was living and working in the UK illegally. i have since gone back home to apply for an entry visa which was granted post appeal, so i am now due to apply for ILR next month.

I want to apply for same day service also at a PEO, but don't know if my conviction constitutes "poor immigration history".

I hope someone can help us with this soon!!!

Jozy
Newly Registered

Re: ILR- For Rejected Applications

Post by Jozy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:46 pm

ct100 wrote:Hi

I was Refused my Dependent VISA(partner UK passport holder) in 2011 and then appealed and was granted VISA in Jan 2012 up to 23rd march 2014 ..

I came to UK in Jan 2012 , am I eligible to apply for PR in Jan 2014 when I Complete my 2 years term (never left UK mean while) ? Or do I need to wait until 23rd March 2014 ?

I am planning to apply through same day VISA , I know the fee is not refundable if Rejected , so was bit worried whether my Past Appeal has any impact in my new application as well ?

Thanks in advance, help is much appreciated .

Bobby
Hi ct100,

I have just managed to contact UKBA at Croydon over the phone. They informed me that i have got a valid visa to be in the UK, so i can apply at a PEO. However, the issue that can arise, is that they may want to look into my conviction ( i assume that your appeal shouldn't be a problem).

So if they feel that they need to, that obviously delays my application a little longer.

The question is, do i take the risk and apply, knowing that same day could become 1month?

With yours, it obviously depends on the reason why you were refused at first!!

I hope this little explanation helps.

ct100
Newly Registered

Post by ct100 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi Jozy

Thanks for your Reply , your information is very valuable , yes I am in same situation , I was unaware that I over stayed (long story) but finally got my VISA in Jan 2012 after appeal .

So will give a try and see how it works, Can i apply in January after completing 2 years of my Stay ? or have to wait end of march when my VISA expires ? any idea on this ?

Thanks in advance

hsmpjr
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpjr » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:39 pm

Hi,

As far as I know you can apply for ILR after you finish qualifying period and you don't need to wait until your visa expires. I had to go for second extension because I was outside UK more than 6 months in the first year. I have applied for ILR on 12th dec and it is approved even though I have visa valid until aug 2015 as I have finished my 5yrs qualifying period last month. Hope this helps.