ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Indian Birth Certificate in UK

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

madhurajputra
Newly Registered

Applying for Indian Birth Certificate in UK

Post by madhurajputra » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:50 am

***Posting this on behalf of my friend who needs help***

I and my wife had got married in the month of December, 2011 and we got our marriage registered at Dehradun. In the marriage registration certificate, her name has been mentioned as Asha Ghildiyal before marriage and post marriage name as Asha Sai Yerra. All her passport and visa documents has Asha Ghildiyal as her name. I have a couple of queries, kindly help me.

1) Should her name be Asha Ghildiyal or Asha Sai Yerra in my son's birth certificate issued y the council?
2) Should her name be Asha Ghildiyal or Asha Sai Yerra in the online application form which I have to submit for my son's birth certificate?

Kindly help me with the above queries at the earliest pls. Please let me know if you need any additional information, thanks.

VR

Answer to both questions

Post by VR » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:22 am

Since you have not made any name change post marriage on the passports it will make no difference if you retain the name Ghildiyal. You will also have to provide a Certified copy of your marriage Certificate which will show that Mrs.A Ghildiyal married Mr.Yerra. In the application you will provide the natural fathers' Surname and Forename and Mothers' Current Surname and Forename.

Hope this helps.
cheers
vr

madhurajputra
Newly Registered

It helps, need some more info pls.

Post by madhurajputra » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:54 am

Thanks Sir, So if I may summarize, you mean to say that if the UK birth Certificate has the name Ghildiyal and also the Indian online application form has Ghildiyal then it should be fine?

Currently, it is mentioned as Sai Yerra which was rejected by embassy (dont know why) because the marriage certificate had that name?

One mroe question, on an average how long does it take to get a passport for newborn while appying from UK?

VR

You should be fine

Post by VR » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:23 pm

Am not sure of how long it takes for an infant passport!
All the Best
cheers
vr

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:35 am

Infants passport should take 3-4 days if you go for the in-person fast track option.

Not sure about the regular postal method.

HTH
Challenges make life worth it!