ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

VAF1B Family Visitor Visa Questions?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rana12570
Newly Registered

VAF1B Family Visitor Visa Questions?

Post by rana12570 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:29 pm

Dear All,

I and my wife are planning to invite my mother to visit us for 3 weeks in UK.

My Mother situation: My mother is not employed and she is a housewife. Basically, she fully depends on my father's income.

My Father situation: My father is retired and he is a Landlord. He has savings and FD and receives monthly income, he also receive income on yearly basis from his land and although there is no proof of his income i.e. any invoices. However he is submitting Bank Statement for the purpose of proof f his financial assets and Land Registry Documents.

I will sponsor her visit in UK and provide an accommodation, food, tickets and any expenses which will occur during her stay in the UK.

I’m trying to fill out an online visa application form for family visitor (VAF1B) and struggling with questions.

In case of my mother, I have difficulty to answer the questions?

Employment:

Q: What is your current working status?
Ans: I chose supported by Spouse/Partner/Other

Income and Expenditure:

Q: Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
Ans: No, as she is fully dependent on her Husband!

Q: How much do you spend each month on living costs?
Ans: I've answered an average amount my mother spend on her living, which is giving by her husband. I.e £300 Per Month

Q: How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
Ans: Nil, as she doesn't have any income from her own to give her family members or others!

Q:What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
Ans: Nil, as her UK trip is sponsored by me.

Q: The total amount of money you have for this trip?
Ans: again as she doesn't have any income or saving and her UK trip will be sponsored by myself; hence she can only put the amount in GBP that I'll be giving to her and paying for her Travel, Food etc....So should we mention about the 1/3 amount of my savings in this section???

Q: The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets?
Ans: Again this cost will be paid by me, What should we mention here???

Q: The cost of your accommodation?
Ans: She will be staying with me in my accommodation in the UK, what should we write here???

Q: The cost of your living expenses?
Ans: Living expenses will be paid by me, as I'm sponsoring her, what should we mention here??

Q: Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
Ans: I'm paying for her UK trip; hence we chose Yes?

Q: What is the total amount in GBP(£)?
Ans: should we mention here about the total of 1/3 of my saving, which I will be spending on her UK trip???

Could you guys please advise and provide some info about these questions????

Regards,

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:58 pm

the cost of your living expenses?

i am confused, what living expenses they are referring, living expenses of her when she is in UK or while she is still at her hometown.

rana12570
Newly Registered

Post by rana12570 » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:11 pm

tcpip_helper wrote:the cost of your living expenses?

i am confused, what living expenses they are referring, living expenses of her when she is in UK or while she is still at her hometown.
They are asking for the cost of her living expenses in the UK!

I know it sounds weird, when I'm sponsoring her visit then what is the point o asking these questions and how can she answer these questions when I'm sponsoring her UK visit and she'll be staying with me!

How can we put the amount then? or shall we mention Nil as she won't be paying for these costs since her UK visit is sponsored by me???

Note: There is not enough space available in the boxes to answer these question by saying that these costs will be paid by the sponsor:hence we can only mention Nil or the amount! We got stuck now!!!! :( :( :( :(

hdave
Newly Registered

Post by hdave » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:51 pm

Hi,

We are in the same situation. We are calling my mother to visit UK on General visitor visa and we are sponsoring her.

regarding ur question we have answered like

Q The total amount of money you have for this trip?
we have mentioned her total balance in savings account.

Q: What is the total amount in GBP(£)?
Here we have mentioned £1000 (around £1000 she'll spend during her visit which is sponsored by us)

I have few questions regarding supporting document.

My husband is sponsoring my mother.
Do we need my mother's marriage certificate ?
She doesn't have one.
What can we show for strong ties to home country to prove she will return back to India.
She is going to show her saving account passbook (statement) it has sufficient funds but doesn't have regular transaction.

and will show few joint Fixed deposit.

Do we need anything else from her side. We'll send our bank statement and payslip and sponsorship letter.

Thanks,

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:15 pm

rana12570 wrote:
tcpip_helper wrote:the cost of your living expenses?

They are asking for the cost of her living expenses in the UK!

I know it sounds weird, when I'm sponsoring her visit then what is the point o asking these questions and how can she answer these questions when I'm sponsoring her UK visit and she'll be staying with me!

How can we put the amount then? or shall we mention Nil as she won't be paying for these costs since her UK visit is sponsored by me???

Note: There is not enough space available in the boxes to answer these question by saying that these costs will be paid by the sponsor:hence we can only mention Nil or the amount! We got stuck now!!!! :( :( :( :(
What they are asking your mum is how much it is going to cost for her stay in the UK?. For this you need to work out a figure which you think you will spend on your mother whilst she is staying with you.On average if you include her return ticket, visit some tourists sights,buy some presents for her when she return back home. I would say around £2000 would be enough for a maximum of 6 months stay in the UK( providing they don't go over the top and spend and spend !!!) :wink:

conv
Newly Registered

Re: VAF1B Family Visitor Visa Questions?

Post by conv » Fri May 02, 2014 1:38 pm

Hi,

I'm planning to visit my brother in the UK for around a month
He is currently working there and he's sponsoring my trip and I will stay with him

Ive got all the required docs from his side as well as mine, the only document that is missing is his tenancy agreement and he cant get in touch with his landlord as the landlord's abroad for atm

So my question is that is it okay if I've got his address proof on his original bank statement and his pay slip? he's also got the full address written down on the invitation letter

if not the above then..My brother's friend lives in a rented apartment and he's got a spare room so can my brother write in the invitation letter that I will be staying at his friend's place as he's got a spare room? His friend will provide the tenancy agreement and a letter from him saying that he is happy to accommodate me for my whole stay

I'd also like to add that I was in the uk a year ago on a tier 4 visa, would this make my application more likely to be successfull?

Hope to get some feedback , it'b be really helpful to clear my doubts and to proceed with my application

Thanks in advance