ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Got 3 points for breaking Red Light on DL

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hittu786
Newly Registered

Got 3 points for breaking Red Light on DL

Post by hittu786 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:57 am

Hi Guys,

I urgently need an advise. I have recently been sent a letter that I have broken red light signal by 1.7 sec and got flashed for it. Now I can think what kind of flash I had when I was driving. At the time, I thought I crossed when light was amber. Anyway, now I am gonna have 3 points on my DL and in a few months I will be applying for citizenship. My concern is 3 points on DL is gonna be an issue for my citizenship application? will I have to wait for another 12 months from now to get three points disappeared?

Please advice.

Many Thanks
hittu

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:03 am

No so long as it is your only FPN in the last 12 months.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

VR

The points wont disappear in 12months

Post by VR » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:44 pm

hittu786,

Once you receive the Penalty notice call and inform your insurance company. You will have it on your counterpart for 4 years and they will remove it in the 5th year. Your insurance will become void if you do not inform them. Also the Insurance Premium will shoot up.

As far as Naturalisation goes as Amber said so long as you do not rack up any further for 12 months you can apply .

Cheers
vr

hittu786
Newly Registered

Post by hittu786 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:01 pm

You guys are really helpful. Appreciate it :)
Cheers